Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Sunglasses Help Please

I know this is probably a lame question, but I need some help with my sunglasses purchase.

I wear regular glasses and contacts don't work for me. I want to get a pair of sunglasses that go completely over my regular glasses and cover the sides as well. That way no one can see my eyes from the side.

I think I saw Alan Goering(sp) wearing a pair like this on a TV event.

I have casually looked for them at the nearby mall and Walmart and this type is obviously not popular with the nonpoker playing crowd.

Can someone recommend a pair that they purchased from an online site? I don't want to buy a pair online unless it is recommended from someone. I figure if I buy them without seeing it first, the glasses will not end up being the best ones.

thanks!
kinger
Old 08-09-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Sunglasses Help Please

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is probably a lame question, but....

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have trusted your instinct.

Why the hell do you need sunglasses that go around your entire head?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wear regular glasses and contacts don't work for me. I want to get a pair of sunglasses that go completely over my regular glasses and cover the sides as well. That way no one can see my eyes from the side.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you mean these, i hope - for your sake - you're at least 65 years old. that's the only thing that makes wearing these halfway understandable (and even then ...):

Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 AM

I think those will work. Now I have to figure out where to buy them.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:32 AM

You're probably not going to get much help here because most folks on this forum don't think too highly of people the wear shades at low limit games.I hope they're not too harsh on you.
On the other hand,where and when do you play?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 AM

I am not a low limit player, I play $100 NL tournaments online and have been in 3 WPT events. I am a winning poker player like most other people on 2+2. I never tried sunglasses before and wanted to give it a shot.

People can be harsh if they want, I know these glasses look lame, but I am not concerned with impressing anyone here.

I play in a home game and often look for tells and can be reasonable successful. Friends of mine in the home game have commented that I stare a little too much which is why I want to try glasses. If I can look for tells when people don't know I am looking then I might be even more successful.

I also play on the internet 90% of the time and have plans to play in WPT Foxwoods again this Nov. Since I don't play live as much, I do think that I also give off some tells. I know this is a weakness of mine which is why I'd like to try sunglasses before the event.

thanks,
kinger
Old 08-10-2005, 12:53 AM

Just get the ones that clasp over your regular glasses...I don't think seeing the side of your eyes is going to give your opponent too much of an advantage..

Besides, the glasses you want are for old men with a lot of time on their hands..

Read my Blog about Poker and Life -- I'll try to entertain and enlighten..
Old 08-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Get prescription sunglasses if you must get something. I have a nice pair of Oakley's that do the job. Though I'm certainly not wearing that at hte poker table to hide my "tells".
Old 08-10-2005, 12:55 AM

i love those shades the carterach glasses is that how u spell that, that what i wear and people get a kick out of it but i dont wear the shades to hide my eyes i wear them so people dont take me seriously and you will be suprised how well it works i think there funny but i recomend not geting them unless you really want to get made fun of real real bad
Old 08-10-2005, 01:26 AM