Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Default 1/2, A9o

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Just sat down at the table, no reads. Just check-fold the turn? They can't all have draws, can they? I'm not wild about the river overcall either.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: 1/2, A9o

I'd have probably raised PF (only UTG has indicates he likes his hand) After that I play it like you did. No way I fold the river.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM

Without reads, I wouldn't raise this pf. I like all the streets, and with two pair, you can't fold this river. Atleast not at this limit.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:33 PM

Even without reads, there is one limper (UTG) and everyone else is posting, I have no problem raising this.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:36 PM

I know ppl don't fold in $1/2 but still I think you need to at least make bb pay to play (A9o seems very weak 4-handed).

But having called, I don't think leading does you any good here against 3 others. I check a weak hand hoping to c-r and if no bets then possibly being glad a turn fold was so cheap

But since you bet flop and no one folded, no way am I betting turn partly because it's &gt; HU./3-handed and partly because your already weak hand can easily to turn to crap with so many others in the hand. (Had you raised pf, things might have turned out different.)

But since you did bet turn, I would rather c-c river...

Mike
Old 11-28-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know ppl don't fold in $1/2 but still I think you need to at least make bb pay to play (A9o seems very weak 4-handed).

[/ QUOTE ]

A9 is not my favorite multiway hand, which is the main reason I don't like a raise. No one at 1/2 or anywhere else is folding after a limp, and the BB is only folding total crap, so driving him out doesn't do much for me. But bloating the pot out of position is going to make the rest of the hand a lot harder.

[ QUOTE ]
But having called, I don't think leading does you any good here against 3 others. I check a weak hand hoping to c-r and if no bets then possibly being glad a turn fold was so cheap

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I think a check-raise is not good. since I didn't raise PF, everyone's calling incorrectly anyways. I'd much rather have them call 1 bet incorrectly than fold to 2 correctly. Furthermore, a free card would be a hideous result, since there are so many cards I am scared of. To top it off, I might end up putting a lot of bets in with the worst hand.

Do you like a check-call or a check-fold on the turn?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even without reads, there is one limper (UTG) and everyone else is posting, I have no problem raising this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are out of position. This is bad. UTG raising this is ok. SB is not okay.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one at 1/2 or anywhere else is folding after a limp, and the BB is only folding total crap, so driving him out doesn't do much for me. But bloating the pot out of position is going to make the rest of the hand a lot harder.

[/ QUOTE ]

But only one person limped. You can make BB and CO fold, or at least call incorrectly. Multiway or not, if they call your raise with a worse hand, that is good for you.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 PM

i raise this preflop, and I'd also lead the river the way it went down. How is anyone going to bet this for you with a worse hand?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:22 PM

bet/call river, plenty of worse hands will call you.