Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Deep Stacks and I try a move...

Ok, I am not comfortable when I'm deep and there is another deep stack in the hand with me. There, I said it.

I know preflop was a mistake, I was trying to dig my way out.

Villain is a decent player, pretty tight and straightforward postflop. in 100+ hands he's 30/10ish, every time I've seen him raise pf and showdown he's had a legit hand. Table is tight and I've been raising a lot pf and taking down a lot of pots on the flop.

He's only been in 2 big pots and he showed down big hands both times.

6 max 100 NL ($1 BB) I have about $220, villain about the same.

I get 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO. Folded to me, I make it 4 to go. Villain makes it 25. I'm positive he has AA,KK,AK. MAYBE QQ. Should have folded right there...don't have odds even I'm sure I'll stack him if I hit. So of course I call.

Flop (~$50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I was ready to give up, but the flop is so potentially scary and the pot is big I'd take a stab. I bet $50...I'm fairly certain he folds KK, QQ, and MAYBE AK if the K is not the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Worth a shot or spewery? I would VERY rarely try this. It was specific to this opponent, and the texture of THIS flop. Let me have it.