Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: 215 - AQ

Your lucky this is a flop you can bet small, 200 or so. Checking is fine too.

If you would've made it 150 preflop the situation would be a lot better, by raising 200 your forcing yourself in an awkward situation.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you would've made it 150 preflop the situation would be a lot better, by raising 200 your forcing yourself in an awkward situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this fella.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this fella.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, me too. additionally, against a tight player, who you haven't seen anything stupid out of, what on earth do you think he's calling 1/4 of your stack, and like 1/4-1/5 of his stack off, even in position, with? i think it's rare that you should bet on a flop that looks like kxx, as the guy who calls here preflop with TT or something like that isn't folding on the kblankblank board. i think that you're going to see a lot of 99-AA and AK, with the occasional AQ (but really not frequent) out of your opponent. i actually want to throw out the 99-TT from my range, and maybe JJ, as i think you're probably going to be in a lot worse shape most of the time here against even the standard 215s player. conversely, you can pick on people who play in the fashion you played this hand, if you know how they play. which leads to the point that raising smaller preflop leads you to not be pickonable as much.

c
Old 10-16-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this fella.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, me too. additionally, against a tight player, who you haven't seen anything stupid out of, what on earth do you think he's calling 1/4 of your stack, and like 1/4-1/5 of his stack off, even in position, with? i think it's rare that you should bet on a flop that looks like kxx, as the guy who calls here preflop with TT or something like that isn't folding on the kblankblank board. i think that you're going to see a lot of 99-AA and AK, with the occasional AQ (but really not frequent) out of your opponent. i actually want to throw out the 99-TT from my range, and maybe JJ, as i think you're probably going to be in a lot worse shape most of the time here against even the standard 215s player. conversely, you can pick on people who play in the fashion you played this hand, if you know how they play. which leads to the point that raising smaller preflop leads you to not be pickonable as much.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

by pickonable, do you mean he can put a play on me to knock me off my hand on the flop?

i am probably playing KK exactly the same way

but i do agree that i need to raise less preflop so that i wont be stuck in this situation with half my stack
Old 10-16-2005, 03:32 PM

yeah i like raising 125-200 in the 25-50 level,with more emphasis on 125-150 conserving those extra chips is important 50-75 chips can be 100-150 chips the next hand...it adds up