Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: I Just Had A Heart Attack And I Don\'t Have Health Insurance (Long)

[ QUOTE ]

The pains you are having--is there any place in the general area that are sore to the touch? Cardiac pain is not sore to the touch, but musculoskeletal pain is. Other symptoms of heart attack include pain or discomfort in the jaw, nausea and cold sweats, dizziness, feeling about to lose consciousness (and obviously actually losing consciousness). Men usually have rather marked symptoms with heart attack. Women and diabetics often do not. The only symptom I had with my heart attack was very mild indigestion--a bit of burping and a bit of heartburn after a very greasy meal. It never occurred to me that something serious was going on until a few hours later when I broke into a cold sweat. I called for an ambulance immediately, and it turned out that I had undiagnosed diabetes and very serious heart damage. Recently my stent failed, and the only symptom I had was mild discomfort in both arms, but I was suspicious and went to the ER. A few hours later I had a new stent and went home the next day. BTW pain that comes and goes with varying activity is not likely to be cardiac in origin.

Something is wrong with you, and my money is on the marijuana. Psychotropic drugs can cause very strange sensations. I have something called atypical migraine (essentially migraine without a headache). This results from spasms in the blood vessels of the brain and causes hallucinations like distortions of time and space, sensitivity to light and sound (inability to understand speech and to read), feelings of dissociation of body parts, and visions of people who aren't there--among other delights. The only things to be done about it are to avoid triggering the attacks and to lie down in a quiet, dark place until the blood supply to the brain goes back to normal. (there are some meds that might help either in reducing the number of attacks or in shortening attacks, but they have their drawbacks.) The point of this is that any change to the brain chemistry (such as is achieved with psychoactive drugs) can play some mighty nasty tricks with your perceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, Lady. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues but am both happy you are doing good and were willing to share your experience. I greatly appreciate the people who have responded so far; and jut know you guys have force me to rethink the direction of my life and bad habits for healthier and more happier existence,

Lady, I do not feel any soreness whenever I put a finger to my chest, abdomen or soulder or any other affected area. My left breast area around the heart is feeling "bulged." NO swelling or curves or anything, but this area feels a bit "filled" is the only way I can describe it. I know that my heart got quite a workout during the attack, I'm just hoping and praying that there was no pre-existing heart problem and, if not, that there was no damage to begin with in some way during/after the attack.