Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:30 AM

Default JTs may be spewing from SB

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

With so many players in I decided to raise and build the pot in case I hit a draw with what could possibly be the best hand. Probably not since BB 3-bet me but he is rated a taz. Thats the only read I have other than the table is very loose.

Flop: (20 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

With 5 opponents I didn't mind to keep building the pot with my draw that needs to dodge a spade it seems. Is this spew??
Old 10-26-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: JTs may be spewing from SB

Yes. You lucked out that you got 2 callers after BB raised you. I would have just called his raise.

I'd only 3-bet here if I had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:35 AM

Check the flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 AM

Only way I check this flop is if I know BB is betting. Then I c/r. You want to check/call here with a straight to the nuts in a 20SB pot?

EDIT: BB 3-bet PF, nm.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 AM

*grunch*

Pre-flop: I do not like the PFR even with so many players in as we will be way OOP on the flop and if we do not hit it hard we are easily dominated.

Flop: Double gutshot draw, a non-spade A or 9 is what we are looking for. Again, I do not like the OOP raise when the pre-flop raiser is directly to our left. Odds to call: yes. Advantage to raise: no. I totally disagree with your 3-bet and the following need to call the cap. Yes, I think it is spew.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 AM

Why not c/r BB ?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:19 AM

dear goodness you made this the most expensively weak draw hand i've seen in a long time. the pot is already big enough for your draw without need to make it SOOO huge any 2 cards are getting odds. if you were button that would be different maybe but in SB OOP the entire hand? and donkbetting this flop only gets you HU with a better hand.

if you win this: you are an uberluck box and should be run over by an elephant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 09:25 AM

a much better play on the flop IMHO is to c/r and trap everybody for one more SB. You are in perfect position to do so. And I just call preflop.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a much better play on the flop IMHO is to c/r and trap everybody for one more SB. You are in perfect position to do so. And I just call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2005, 09:53 AM

This link may be of interest to you [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'd check too though. Does anybody value-cap the flop?