Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Best Movie Mistakes of All-Time

The movie Braveheart. During the first big battle, mel gibson is running and pulls out his sword. next scene, no weapon. next scene sword.

Also right before he crushes that guys skull who is lying in the bed, you can see the dummy and the nerf metal ball bounce around harmlessly.

-AA
Old 12-23-2004, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching Fight Club right now and I noticed that in the beginning, when he gets asked if he'd like to say a few words, Ed Norton replies "I can't think of anything." In the end, when they replay the same scene, he says "I still can't think of anything." Yeah, that's really boring, but I guess these are the kind of things you notice in a movie after you watch it 8 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not notice that this was intentionally done? The very next line by Brad Pitt is "flashback humor."

[/ QUOTE ]

Damnit, I just watched it again and now I realize that they are pretty much completely different scenes. God, I'm such a failure. I hate myself.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Fast Times At Ridgemont High

If you watch Fast Times with the commentary on the mention this... I believe they say it had something to do with copyright or permission to use it, notan oversight or intentional. I should know these things.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Damon: "And remember, most important of all, when you start making out always put on side two of Led Zeppelin IV."

Next scene, Kashmir(from Physical Grafitti of course) is playing on the soundtrack. Really more of a nit than a mistake, but its the only one I can remember. Might even have been intentional, to show Ratner=dork.

Odd, tho, considering how Cameron Crowe has always been tight w/Pagey.

[ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that was an intentional gaffe by the character- anyone dumb enough to listen to Damone about dating likely didn't know the difference (or figured an LZ album would work).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually Damon says "side one"

Cameron was a major Zeppelin suck up which is why he got clearance to use a Zeppelin tune, as Led Zep never let anyone use their tunes in movies (don't know if this is still true). However, they wouldn't let him use anything from IV. Cameron and the director were happy enuff just to get Kashmir and given Rat was a dork figured it would kinda work for the scene.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:40 PM

Shortly before he died, "Mr. Hand" (Ray Walston) called and ordered a chess computer from the company I worked for at the time. He spent quite a while on the phone with several of us while choosing what to buy, and he loved to talk about his work too. He asked if I remembered him from My Favorite Martian, but that was before my time. I said to me he'd always be Mr. Hand, and he talked about how he enjoyed working with Sean Penn, etc.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Stripes

Bill Murray tries to sneak out and go AWOL. Harold Ramis catches him and they fight. During the fight, Murray's bag falls to the ground. The two women MP's drive up and the shot changes back and forth between Murray/Ramis and the MP's. Every time the shot changes, the location of the bag changes - under Murray's head, next to Murray's head, under, next to, etc.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:28 AM

At the very end of their first battle victory, look in the background as the the main characters all come together.

There are two guys "fighting," and it is absolutely laughable. They are clearly just joking around with each other.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Reservoir Dogs

My all-time favorite.

When Steve Buscemi is running away from the cops, both he and the cops run down the exact same block twice in 15 seconds. This is absolutely not something that anyone could ever miss.

Note the hardware store for reference.

P.S. Another example: I have seen reflections of camera crews in windows in many, many movies, but the two worst examples are Taxi Driver and The Untouchables. I mean, you can see the entire crew in both shots.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:04 AM

Default Robin Hood - Men In Tights

King John's mole is in a different position everytime they show him.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2004, 02:59 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
10 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

[/ QUOTE ]

wasn't it the sorceror's stone? a mistake in your own post!