Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Roy Cooke\'s Real Poker II being released in paperback

Received the following in a email from Amazon:

...you might like to know that Roy Cooke's Real Poker II: The Play of Hands will be released in paperback soon. You can pre-order your copy by following the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/188...e&n=283155
Old 11-27-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Roy Cooke\'s Real Poker II being released in paperback

[ QUOTE ]

...you might like to know that Roy Cooke's Real Poker II: The Play of Hands will be released in paperback soon. You can pre-order your copy by following the link below.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the difference between this and this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1880069...ks&v=glance
Old 11-27-2005, 04:47 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I thought to myself, "What? I already own that book in paperback."
Old 11-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Different Publisher.

MM
Old 11-27-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Different Publisher.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

But the same book none the less. I enjoyed it, it really was the predecessor for How Good is your Limit Hold'em. But the experienced reader must take Cooke's hands with a grain of salt... he did misplay a few if I recall correctly. What I did enjoy (and learned from) was his analysis of the hand as it took place.

Speaking of Cook, has anyone look at his rules book yet that was recently released by Conjelco? I flipped through it briefly, I did not see anything that would conflict with Robert's Rules of Poker at first glance. Interestingly enough there is a rule book also being released by local NYC rounder Sheree along with Lou Krieger. No offense to Lou or Sheree (I play with her on occasion, she is a very nice person), but I doubt it will be taken seriously when the competition is so strong.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 10:34 PM

Hi TT:

I doubt that any of these rule books will be taken seriously. Most major cardrooms already have their own rulebooks, and they won't be interested in making any change.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Different Publisher.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

But the same book none the less. I enjoyed it, it really was the predecessor for How Good is your Limit Hold'em. But the experienced reader must take Cooke's hands with a grain of salt... he did misplay a few if I recall correctly. What I did enjoy (and learned from) was his analysis of the hand as it took place.

Speaking of Cook, has anyone look at his rules book yet that was recently released by Conjelco? I flipped through it briefly, I did not see anything that would conflict with Robert's Rules of Poker at first glance. Interestingly enough there is a rule book also being released by local NYC rounder Sheree along with Lou Krieger. No offense to Lou or Sheree (I play with her on occasion, she is a very nice person), but I doubt it will be taken seriously when the competition is so strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure won't be taken seriously by anyone who has ever played with her. If donking off all your money on a nightly basis makes you a rounder then she's one of the best.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't understand why anyone would buy a book of rules. If you need a set of rules, like for a home game, Robert's (i.e., Ciaffone's) is available online free.

I guess a newb might want to study up before playing B&M, not understanding that his B&M is going to have its own rules that likely differ to some degree. It seems like that such a book would be more likely to hurt someone rather than help.

How about a book on how to angle-shoot and be a nit while staying within the rules. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the difference between this and this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1880069...ks&v=glance

[/ QUOTE ]
Most improved book cover ever!