Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: NYC Poker Rooms

[ QUOTE ]
Because it was stickied. Stickies are not supposed to be multiple posts, as a general forum rule. Also, the thread had been locked after only part of a discussion had occured, so it's not like I deleted something of greeat value to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I know better. But since we haven't met I'll be a gentleman and refrain from publishing what really happened.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:30 PM

Huh? I honestly don't believe anything I wrote in any of my posts has been incorrect.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:15 AM

Boom, just for my 2 cents here, the last post prior to your locking the first thread [The one that TT put up] was made other then by the 2 participants of the thread saying "Please discuss this in the open as I am very interested in the outcome"
I believe its this that Greywolf is refering too is all.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:35 AM

Jesus guys, go here and talk about it all you want.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM

trouble maker ...
Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 AM

I'm still not sure what that implies, but I locked the thread as soon as I was at a computer. I was in Florida the time that thread went up and didn't access a computer until then. If you look at my posting history you will notice a gap in my posting history around this time.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:54 AM

Meanwhile, both the Post and the Daily News published articles this week on Hellmuth and A-Rod playing in a local club. I wonder if the police get annoyed at that sort of thing.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile, both the Post and the Daily News published articles this week on Hellmuth and A-Rod playing in a local club. I wonder if the police get annoyed at that sort of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Not to mention the Manhattan DA's office. And blaring the address of a club all over the internet, even here, is not a good thing for any of the NYC poker clubs.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this thread gets locked and/or deleted now.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Right. Not to mention the Manhattan DA's office. And blaring the address of a club all over the internet, even here, is not a good thing for any of the NYC poker clubs.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if this thread gets locked and/or deleted now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we may have played together... regardless, you need to relax. You got caught up in the Playstation bust and that sucks. It doesn't mean you have to get all pissy with everyone else discussing poker events in NY.

Satellite Club is being used for a book signing and they have apparently authorized the publication of their name and address for this purpose.

Who knows what the effect of the publication of the stories about A-Rod/Hellmuth will be, but that is not controlled by the club that they played in or anyone else. It's that damn free press thing.

And there is no arbitrary censorship going on here from what I have read -- still, 2+2 is a private company so they are within their rights to do whatever they want with their message boards. You have the right to go elsewhere if you don't like it.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention George Steinbrenner.