Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: My last real Year of Poker

Congrats Barron.

Considering how much work you're capable of putting into playing and studying poker, I think you'll be able to handle that sick work schedule just fine.

Can't wait to sweat you in the big mixed games at Bellagio in a few years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2005, 09:40 PM

This is a great plan. It goes to show that while poker can definitely be a great short term profession, eventually integrating back into the real work world is the best path.

I know I am already on my way too.

Keep us updated Barron.

Lawrence
Old 08-27-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Barron.

Considering how much work you're capable of putting into playing and studying poker, I think you'll be able to handle that sick work schedule just fine.

Can't wait to sweat you in the big mixed games at Bellagio in a few years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice avatar...can sophia say "raise the turn" yet?

-Barron
Old 08-27-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Barron.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice avatar...can sophia say "raise the turn" yet?

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, she's still in the growling stage [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

For those who don't know, my year old Myers parrot:

Sophia
Sophia among plants
Sophia with pens
Old 08-27-2005, 11:59 PM

congrats on achieving your goals. just out of curiosity, putting money aside do you think you'll find investment banking a satisfying career? working 70 hours a week blows my mind, I can't imagine having a job where I had to work those hours. do you love it, or is that just what you have to do?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:03 AM

the commute seems insane to me as well. get a place in brooklyn for 800 bucks a month for christsake and walk over the brooklyn bridge to work everyday, it's beautiful.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
congrats on achieving your goals. just out of curiosity, putting money aside do you think you'll find investment banking a satisfying career? working 70 hours a week blows my mind, I can't imagine having a job where I had to work those hours. do you love it, or is that just what you have to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

i love structured finance. the 70-90hr weeks are only for your first year or ttwo. then you get much more sane hours more money, and cooler work. its SOO worth it and i love it.

Barron
Old 08-28-2005, 12:27 AM

Congrats and good luck, Barron.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:31 AM

I'd wager there's more people than you can count on one hand who have the job you want and aspire to be a professional card player

im not trying to say anything by that--good luck with your new endeavor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

out of curiousity (curiousity which I'm 90% sure won't be answered) how good was internet poker to you in terms of money? a number? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd wager there's more people than you can count on one hand who have the job you want and aspire to be a professional card player

im not trying to say anything by that--good luck with your new endeavor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

out of curiousity (curiousity which I'm 90% sure won't be answered) how good was internet poker to you in terms of money? a number? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well then they should thank their lucky stars they dont have the skill or drive to give it up and do it.

i dont want that life and not to drag on my friends that have it but its just not for me. id rather be safe and secure w/ my paycheck and doing what i love.

in terms of a #, you're right. i wont answer b/c i dont think its productive. would just amke people who dont have the patience discipline and skill aspire to play higher.

i'll leave it at poker has been good to me.

Barron