Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 PM

Default 10\'s BB

AM I DOING ANYTHING WRONG?!?!?! It's .5/1, so saying that people are stupid would be granting them way too much amnesty. NOTICE THE MORON LIMPS FROM UTG!!!!!!

Texas Hold'em
Dealt to Hero: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls $0.50, folded around,
Button calls $0.50, SB folds
HERO raises $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50.

FLOP [4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
HERO bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, Button folds.
TURN [5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
HERO bets $1, UTG calls $1.

RIVER [8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
HERO checks, UTG bets $1, HERO calls $1.

SHOWDOWN
UTG shows [ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
HERO mucks cards [ 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
UTG wins $7.75.

I knew I didn't have the best hand at the river, but I think I just called in disgust. It's hollywoodpoker.com, and I started with $20 at .5/1, and I've been destroying this game, ending up with $40-50 at the end of an hour. This hand was the last of a string of hands like this where I was a strong favorite going to the flop and was outdrawn. How did I play this poorly? Also, recommendations as to how to cope with sessions like this that make you want to die, other than just smiling and saying, "that's poker." I hate that phrase. I see I've already calmed down since the beginning of this post.

Thanks,

~Bux
Old 11-10-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 10\'s BB

Check/fold the turn.

And .5/1 hands go in Micro-Limit.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:27 PM

Do I really give up that easy? If he wasn't such a donkey, the only hands he could conceivable limp with preflop would be a pair smaller than mine, J10s, A10, AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ, 109. Only the latter three beat me, but all of the others may cause him to call one SB for the turn, which is why I played the hand as I did.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:39 PM

If he's such a donkey and has a smaller pair than you, do you think he bets the turn or river with it? I think it's more likely he limped something like QT or KJ and has made a pair. TT is a strong hand, and you did the right thing raising preflop, but once you're called on that flop, I think you can give it up on the turn.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:47 PM

Check/Fold the turn.

It's not unreasonable in .5/1 for an utg limper to have Face-Rag

Also relax. If this hand is upsetting you so much, don't play poker.