Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Bad push?

$10+1 Party SnG, level 1. I have T870 in UTG+1, UTG has T800. I have 99. UTG calls, I call, minraise in middle position, 3 cold calls, UTG calls, I call.

Flop is 9c3h6c.

UTG min bets. I raise the pot. Everyone folds to UTG, who calls.

Turn is Qc, making a flush possible. UTG checks. My stack is 595, the pot is 525. I push.

This is fine!! ....Right?
Old 06-26-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Bad push?

It seems like a good move as you do have outs and if he only has 1 club, you don't want to let him get the free draw. I think you should have bet more on the flop though to make his draw more expensive.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:45 PM

I think the pot raise on the flop is fine. Yes, you can be beaten – but you have the nuts right now. Overbet the flop too much and you won’t get paid anything for your nut hand.

I agree with the all in too. If he’s got the flush already(say Ac 3c) you still have about a 25% chance to win. And the chance that he does is small. The chance he has 1 club is big enough to warrant the push.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:57 PM

if you push who will call? only a hand that beats you most likely unless he would call with a lone club. i am not sure i would push here but i tend to play this situation more conservatively than most. if you bet and he raises of course you call and call the river. i cant fault pushing however, butif you are called and he turns over a flush dont be surprised.

Pat
Old 06-27-2004, 10:18 AM

I think he would usually call with 33 and 66. His call on the flop is consistent in my experience with how many Party players play flopped trips.