6 26 16.25%
5 12 7.50%
4 12 7.50%
2 3 1.88%
3 6 3.75%
1 8 5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Do you rat out your 16 year old nephew if you think he\'s toking?

if the kid is doing it recreationally that's fine. if he's got some wholesome friends, no worries.

where are this kids priorities?

we've seen brillaint potheads at school and kids who fail out of school... likely falls into one or another.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is exteremely risky and could very well end up being deadly. i don't know how old you are, but mary jane is a LOT different than it was when i was 16 (17 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? The ignorance in this post is astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on all the anti-marijuana propaganda I have read for the last 30 years, I can state unequivicolly that the marijuana on the streets now is 10,000 times as strong as it was in 1970. Also, it will make you oversexed, impotent, cause males to grow breasts (where are all the males with breasts? With all the folks that have been smoking pot all these years, we should see a few, don't you think?), make you agitated and violent, as well as passive and unmotivated.

Seriously, the idea that stronger pot is more dangerous is silly. It is simply impossible to ingest anything close to a lethal dose. Beyond a certain dosage, marijuana ceases to be pleasurable, and will give you a splitting headache. So, stronger pot means you smoke less, probably doing less damage to your lungs. Lung damage and lung cancer are probably the worst health consequences of smoking pot.

That said, I don't think it's all that good for a 16 year old to be smoking pot. However, it really depends on how much/ how often he is smoking and whether it is adversely affecting his school perfromance and attendance.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:32 AM

I cant believe more people dont know about vaporizers, but c'est la vie...

anyways, along the lines of the propaganda, did you know that anti-marijuana sentiment was started in the last century by a power-hungry government official with the Treasury?

It's ridiculous what people will believe, they first started out by saying that weed will make you kill people.

Weed is more potent than it used to be from the standpoint that there has been a monumental increase in the hobby/science of culturing particular strands for their highs.

However, as an above poster stated, when I take a hit off of a good strain, one hit, about a tenth or fifteenth of a gram is enough for 1-4 hours, depending on the strain.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bad advice. he needs to tell his sister.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe. BUT... shouldn't he talk to the kid first? no? really?

[ QUOTE ]
pot is not just "bad for" a 16 year old boy or girl...it is exteremely risky and could very well end up being deadly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It IS risky... if it's used irresponsibly. Deadly? stupid stoners might risk their lives... but the oprative term in the foregoing sentance is 'STUPID', not 'stoner'.

[ QUOTE ]
i found out where he was Saturday morning, and flagged down a policeman i know that i saw on my way to detain him myself, then watched them handcuff him and take him into custody.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, square.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant believe more people dont know about vaporizers, but c'est la vie...

anyways, along the lines of the propaganda, did you know that anti-marijuana sentiment was started in the last century by a power-hungry government official with the Treasury?

It's ridiculous what people will believe, they first started out by saying that weed will make you kill people.

Weed is more potent than it used to be from the standpoint that there has been a monumental increase in the hobby/science of culturing particular strands for their highs.

However, as an above poster stated, when I take a hit off of a good strain, one hit, about a tenth or fifteenth of a gram is enough for 1-4 hours, depending on the strain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a few years ago the prime minister of some european country apologized for the drug war with regards to marijuana. And went out of his way to also apologize for saying that marijuana was a "gateway" drug. He claimed there was no evidence of this and that is was irresponsible of his government to make claims like this without evidence. I can't remember the name of the country though. Maybe Norway?

craig
Old 11-30-2005, 03:42 AM

Call 1-800-NARC. Let them break the news to sis during the big swat operation. They probably won't find her stash.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:45 AM

I’ve been smoking pot excessively since grade 10 and it never did any real damage to my life (other than possibly my health later on). In high school I went to every class blitzed and the same thing in university. Im pretty much high 24/7 but I am not a screw up. I will be graduating university in the spring and I already have a job lined up after graduation. Despite being a heavy drug user, my life is in order. But I could definitely see how even weed could [censored] up someones life. I personally know many people with as frequent a habit as mine. Some have become low lives and some are productive members of society, I think it all depends on the person.

I caught my little brother smoking weed this summer (he’s 15). I never actually caught him red handed I came home and the stem to my bong was missing. When he came home I asked him where it was and he pulled it out of his pocket. I was kind of upset, but I didn’t get angry at him, I took the stem and walked in to the garage and smoked some bowls. I couldn’t really yell at him without being a hypocrite I started puffing at that age. I also trust my brother to make good decisions. High school was the greatest time of my life and being stoned made it a lot better. I want my bro to have a good experience as well, as long as he steps up when it matters. Which I think he will

I guess it all comes down to the kid. If your nephew is a little punk and is clearly headed down the wrong path, rat his ass out. If hes a good kid having some fun and maybe getting a little carried away you could talk to him yourself or let it slide this time, he might fix the problem himself.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:47 AM

TALK TO THE KID!

I did it as a non-authority figure, and they respected me much more for it. The dangers can be well avoided, with some good advice. That is, if the dangers are resultant from naivete, and not from them being a screwup in the first place.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mary jane is a LOT different than it was when i was 16 (17 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that's just what 33 year olds tell themselves to rationalize why it was okay for them to do it when they were young, but is totally dangerous for their children now and will destroy their lives.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mary jane is a LOT different than it was when i was 16 (17 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that's just what 33 year olds tell themselves to rationalize why it was okay for them to do it when they were young, but is totally dangerous for their children now and will destroy their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine what Bill Clinton and G.W. Bush have to tell their kids, "uhhh..don't do drugs or you will..well, it will, well, ummm...well, it was different when we did drugs. We didn't know we would end up being the president of the U.S."