Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: OT: HOW can i prove i\'m not a BOT???

[ QUOTE ]
Who would possibly dedicate so much time to poker as to play 3000 22 sngs at the same level without ever moving up?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: OT: Excerpted by Citanul: Proving I\'m not a bot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never even get these popups when I'm playing sngs, only at ring games. that true for anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is extrememly rare for people to get them playing SnGs, and if you do get them you can be sure you are under investigation and it would be pretty smart to actually respond to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I get these popups every session now. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 03:02 PM

I've still NEVER had a pop-up.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM

is it possible that they are using a different method for these popups than their standard popups, and that these popups are like, capable of being killed by popup stopping programs? and that they are getting stopped for people who aren't seeing them?

c
Old 11-29-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Geeze it takes a bazillion games to show Irie that you are not losing in the loooong run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic: But I doubt this statement. I'm sure he could tell from just one HH, perhaps two.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never even get these popups when I'm playing sngs, only at ring games. that true for anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is extrememly rare for people to get them playing SnGs, and if you do get them you can be sure you are under investigation and it would be pretty smart to actually respond to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I get these popups every session now. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play ~50 SnGs a day and have yet to have one.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:12 PM

I can't believe I'm sucked into this drama.

Here's what's most interesting to me at this point. It's been near 36 hours since OP made this post. Why don't we have a single response from him yet?

Also, I think some of the difficulty we're going to have solving here, that maybe Party Poker can solve is the following. Maybe OP plays 40-50 hours a week. He loves poker. He likes SNGs. But maybe, he also has a bot who plays when he's not. Maybe that's his "buddy."

Regardless, the one clue that I still can't resolve in my mind is, who plays the $22s and $33s with the type of returns this guy must be earning, and still leaves $15,000 in the account? My hunch is that it's someone who isn't worried about the status of his account, and/or a really foolish individual.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that they are using a different method for these popups than their standard popups, and that these popups are like, capable of being killed by popup stopping programs? and that they are getting stopped for people who aren't seeing them?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I've never had one I don't know but I still get popups when logging in and for their useless tourneys. I think there is a very low probability that popup killers would remove Party popups. And if they did, we would see many more players on 2+2 getting in trouble. Unreal_nh is the only high volume here that has gotten into trouble with Party that I know of.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I got one per table on the very first session on my Party account. This was at the 1/2 beginner ring tables, the first four I opened up. I botched the first one somehow but got the rest and haven't been bothered since. I've got all but the most tenacious popups blocked so it's not that.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM

I'm not a 3000 SNGer, but I have played enough to theoretically get SOME pop-ups. WTF are you all talking about? Anybody have a screen shot of one, cuz I've never seen a single one?

Pop-ups from Party probably can't be blocked, or they wouldn't being using it as grounds to lock out unreal_nh. But it is a possibility, and the fact that I have seen none makes me more skeptical.