Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-30-2005, 03:05 PM

Default schlep turn play?

Tbl was encouraging this kind of thing early; otherwise very few hands for reads except that sb was tightish/agg in that brief time.

I 3-bet turn wanting my dough in while I was golden and making the turn raiser pay big (I suspected Ad or maybe x9/oesd).

First thing is, is this a spot with my hand I want to be 3-betting when it looks like things are heating up? I have a hard time calling two in spots like these w/o wanting to 3-bet;

Second, w/no 4-fl is river raise or call turn capper?

I honestly *thought* he flopped trips when he capped turn thinking he might be doing what I was doing, making it expensive for the Ad/Jd/x9 next to me to play; but w/the possibilities, started doubting A9 would cap 4-handed 3-fl board once he led river. At the same time tho' see all kinds of weird sb hands after action like this...

Mike

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, Button calls $0.83 (All-In).

River: (17.91 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero </font> ??
Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: schlep turn play?

turn 3-bet i like, river raise I do not like. The Qd was a scary scary card for just a 9, and he seems totally unfazed.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:13 PM

I think this is a good spot to just call.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:14 PM

I call the river. We have the 4th best flush and there are possible boats, quad 9s, and a straight flush out there. Maybe I'm seeing monsters but I got a bad feeling...
Old 11-30-2005, 03:14 PM

Could villain have K9/Q9 and be playing it super aggressive? Or would he play a 9x (no boat) this way on a 3 flush board?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a good spot to just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2005, 03:31 PM

A river call is good here. SB doesn't seem to be concerned by your turn 3bet, and there are a good bit of reasonable hands that beat you. If SB is indeed a tag, a higher flush is a real possibility, as is Q9 and K9.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 PM

Is this standard pre-flop limp for others? I could see limping this in the CO or Button with passive blinds, but MP seems a bit early and I think we get raised from behind too often.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:35 PM

Would a flop raise be bad here? Given that the sb may be tightish/agg I'm thinking you might not get the free card but with that many players you've still got the equity to do this as long as sb doesn't re-raise.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 PM

First of all, fold preflop, I think it's too weak to play in MP. Call the river. he might have overplayed smaller flush, straight or trips. Just have to pay it off for on river in this large pot.