Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Stars $11R.. Do i make this move w/ Nut Flush and gutshot str8 draw?

Please elaborate with what was right and wrong with my move,even though i won the hand. Thanks

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) converter

MP3 (t7330)
CO (t8057)
Button (t7430)
SB (t15670)
Hero (t18837)
UTG (t40062)
UTG+1 (t12076)
MP1 (t15255)
MP2 (t18311)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t600, MP3 calls t600.

Flop: (t2400) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t2400) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t5000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1605</font>, Hero calls t4105, MP3 calls t1505 (All-In).

River: (t17115) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t17115
Old 10-04-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Stars $11R.. Do i make this move w/ Nut Flush and gutshot str8 dra

what move? i really dont get it

i would def. fold pf.

then i think its a easy lead on turn but i wouldnt pot it maybe 1.8-2.1

then you have to call the 2 miniraises
Old 10-04-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Stars $11R.. Do i make this move w/ Nut Flush and gutshot str8 draw?

Your initial turn bet committed you to calling the allin, since when it gets back to you only have to call 4k to win 13k. I check the turn hoping to get a cheap/free river card. I dont like betting the turn because it will either 1. commit you to the pot and you'll get all your chips in with an equity deficiency or 2. get you pushed off a strong draw (assuming you make a smaller bet, or it doesnt become a 3 way allin).
Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what move? i really dont get it

i would def. fold pf.

then i think its a easy lead on turn but i wouldnt pot it maybe 1.8-2.1

then you have to call the 2 miniraises

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he was stealing blinds sorry to leave that out I was in the middle of a few hands while posting. I play extremely tight but i was willing to put in the extra $600 to see the flop. Then when I got a free card i was delighted. Also, I was wondering if the $2500 leadout was a good amount..

Thanks for the input/help.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Stars $11R.. Do i make this move w/ Nut Flush and gutshot str8 draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Your initial turn bet committed you to calling the allin, since when it gets back to you only have to call 4k to win 13k. I check the turn hoping to get a cheap/free river card. I dont like betting the turn because it will either 1. commit you to the pot and you'll get all your chips in with an equity deficiency or 2. get you pushed off a strong draw (assuming you make a smaller bet, or it doesnt become a 3 way allin).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments. I kind of assumed they'd bet out if i checked the turn thats why i figured I had to put out a bet.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:57 PM

I'd fold preflop, you still got another player to act behind you who is most likely just calling, but you don't know that for sure. And A3s is really only good for 2 pair, a wheel, or a flush. So most likely you are drawing, cuz you can't count on a pair of aces winning it for you.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments. I kind of assumed they'd bet out if i checked the turn thats why i figured I had to put out a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt if they bet they'd charge you a pot sized bet to see the river

Edit: Oh yea, fold preflop
Old 10-04-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop, you still got another player to act behind you who is most likely just calling, but you don't know that for sure. And A3s is really only good for 2 pair, a wheel, or a flush. So most likely you are drawing, cuz you can't count on a pair of aces winning it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay thanks..

Also ive only seen 13% of flops so most people have me pegged as an extremely tight player. So a call of a raise will certainly make me look like i have a monster.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:00 PM

s you check/call the turn? i think the flop checks doesnt mean they have a good hand they can have 99-QQ and be nervous of the K and i think a bet can get them to fold, although i dont think it has to be a pot sized one necesarilly
Old 10-04-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
s you check/call the turn? i think the flop checks doesnt mean they have a good hand they can have 99-QQ and be nervous of the K and i think a bet can get them to fold, although i dont think it has to be a pot sized one necesarilly

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dont like leading the turn with this strong of a draw, I like leading the turn with air here often, but not with a draw this strong, if you were to lead, what size bet do you make? What do you do if you're raised? What do you do on a blank river when called on the turn? I dont think leading is neccessarily bad, but to just lead and not have a plan isn't a good idea.