Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: river

[ QUOTE ]
If you were really rad you would've checked the turn with AA and let Mike checkraise you with AK on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should just 3-bet his checkraise.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:18 PM

With everyone changing their names to the "First L" format, I think you should make Jason into "Jason T."

I also think it'd be cool if my name was "Shant G" and my title was "the one who put the satin on your panties."
Old 11-02-2005, 12:17 AM

Default results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
same good 15/30 game that jason posted about.

EMP lady is probably a bit too loose both pre and post flop with decent aggression

BB is loose and very passive

preflop: EMP lady limps, jason raises on the button, i 3-bet A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB, BB calls, EMP calls, jason caps, we all call (4 for 16SB)

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checked to jason who bets, what's my action and plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

so jason bet, i called, BB folded, EMP lady called.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around!

river: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i'm first, what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

i checked planning to c/r but fold if the lady bet and jason called. river was checked around and jason and i chopped it up. he had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a freeroll on me
Old 11-02-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]

i checked planning to c/r but fold if the lady bet and jason called.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

but you're planning to call with ace high if lady bets and jason folds, right?

Jason are you overcalling with ace high here if the lady bets?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:07 AM

There are so many interesting things about this hand I'm not sure which to focus on. But I'll try a new angle...when a player is playing at a level slightly above his comfort zone, as I believe Jason was in this game, one of two things tend to happen. That player gets tighter and more passive, basically playing scared money, or that player gets more aggressive and always pays off, as he is afraid all the "high limit regulars" will take shots at his scared money. I am in the second group, but what really matters is where you think Jason is.

I think figuring out the answer to that question lends itself to playing the turn perfectly, as I think you can fold the turn against the first guy, but really need to think about playing the hand differently against the second guy. For example, betting the river against the second guy seems to be a standard value bet to me. And maybe against the first guy, but for a totally different reason.

I think you should have bet the river having played it as you did that far. I still like checkraising the flop and seeing what happens.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With everyone changing their names to the "First L" format, I think you should make Jason into "Jason T."

I also think it'd be cool if my name was "Shant G" and my title was "the one who put the satin on your panties."

[/ QUOTE ]

never met a hooker that could share me
Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check and fold if the lady bets. cr if jason bets since i just read that baronzeus thread.

btw, jason needs to bet that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have called a check/raise.

Why should I bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check and fold if the lady bets. cr if jason bets since i just read that baronzeus thread.

btw, jason needs to bet that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have called a check/raise.

Why should I bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

bakkus hand is face up given the flop action. he has a big ace. he would be cring mid pair on the flop to get the lady out and he would be leading his high pairs and sets to trap the lady.

so you want to bet to to charge them for their 3-6 outers. then you can check behind on the river.

hu with bakku i would like the turn check. there is a good post in midhigh by steve giufre recently that goes into why checking is good hu. however, with the lady i think you def want to bet.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: quick turn question

[ QUOTE ]
if you had decided to mix it up and wait until the turn to raise with JJ or QQ, or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he does this he plays bad. very bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: quick turn question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you had decided to mix it up and wait until the turn to raise with JJ or QQ, or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he does this he plays bad. very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i am definitely not waiting for the turn to raise QQ/JJ or even any pair, actually.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are so many interesting things about this hand I'm not sure which to focus on. But I'll try a new angle...when a player is playing at a level slightly above his comfort zone, as I believe Jason was in this game, one of two things tend to happen. That player gets tighter and more passive, basically playing scared money, or that player gets more aggressive and always pays off, as he is afraid all the "high limit regulars" will take shots at his scared money. I am in the second group, but what really matters is where you think Jason is.

I think figuring out the answer to that question lends itself to playing the turn perfectly, as I think you can fold the turn against the first guy, but really need to think about playing the hand differently against the second guy. For example, betting the river against the second guy seems to be a standard value bet to me. And maybe against the first guy, but for a totally different reason.

I think you should have bet the river having played it as you did that far. I still like checkraising the flop and seeing what happens.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

hey chris,

while i do believe jason is playing a bit tighter than usual because he's at a higher limit, i have absolutely no reason to believe he would check behind on the turn with AA-JJ. i showed no strength on the flop and there is no reason for him to check behind. even if we put jason on only AA-QQ, i have a weighted 3.75 outs (i believe? i'm pretty buzzed) and that's enough for me to call the turn.

i do, however, think your flop c/r line is very interesting and could potentially have some merit. anyone feel like tackling this option?