Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Kings under heavy fire, how to act?

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, of course, it's possible he could have a set of queens and be afraid of As Ks. But Hero sure didn't play the hand like A-K. I think everyone at the table knows he's got aces or kings. That's why I said it looks like someone who is trying to push him off a hand. Most people who flop top set with that pot size, Hero's stack size, and knowing Hero has aces or kings are either betting out half Hero's stack in an effort to get it all or are c/r him all in. Either way, they're looking to get Hero committed to that pot. Open pushing the flop doesn't fit that MO. Of course, it's possible though. Either way, considering the pot size and stack size, I think Hero has to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I where the villian iŽll put him on high PP or AK.
how do you play Ak in an pot like this?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, of course, it's possible he could have a set of queens and be afraid of As Ks. But Hero sure didn't play the hand like A-K. I think everyone at the table knows he's got aces or kings. That's why I said it looks like someone who is trying to push him off a hand. Most people who flop top set with that pot size, Hero's stack size, and knowing Hero has aces or kings are either betting out half Hero's stack in an effort to get it all or are c/r him all in. Either way, they're looking to get Hero committed to that pot. Open pushing the flop doesn't fit that MO. Of course, it's possible though. Either way, considering the pot size and stack size, I think Hero has to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I where the villian iŽll put him on high PP or AK.
how do you play Ak in an pot like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Villain puts him on high PP or AK, why would he open push and risk losing Hero? Villain would want to do everything he could do get Hero to committ the rest of his stack. It's possible that Villain could open push with a set of queens, but I think more times than not, he won't play the hand this way. I mean afterall, how many times do you think someone is going to check aces or kings on this flop when everyone has checked to him? The best, surest way to get hero completly committed to this pot is to bet half his stack or c/r him, if necessary since Hero might just push anyway.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:41 PM

There has been a lot of action PF and 3-way on the flop,
I would lead out whith the QueenŽs but (as you wrote) not push.
YouŽve convinced me to take the coin flipp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Default My line

Thank you for answering. I hate to reraise other bigstacks with other hands than aa/kk. I do it very very rarely. Im 4tabling so he could now this. And i could have missed him.

OK i folded.

So why did i fold.

I cant see how he could have called 18bb more with aqs but who knows. My first guess here is he holding AA. If he push preflop he would loose me. Other villians surprising overcall have to bee 77-jj or ak i guess. I think he just called and autopushed any non a flop.

Since my hand is very defined already, would he probarly not pushed qs, but if he thinks im gonna call anyway its not imposssible.

AA fits to the hand he would never fold, and lets do it easystrategy.

The only hand besides KK i like too see if i had called is AKs, and that the reasons too call. Im not supposed to let my overpair go, so pushing without the goods seems unlikely?

I think this one is close, and I had called with aces. I hated to fold overpair too that odds but it seem right too me.

I usally always pay off with my overpair vs trips and i have seen a few players pot it vs me with toptrips.

I like too raise my aa and kk enough to get out junk.

He never showed his hand, but he typed in "strange" in the chatwindow when i folded.

Mr Blopp

Ps does anybody play regularly at betsson please contact me.