Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:20 AM

Default this is neat

i go down to a/c for a few days and come back to find this forum, cool. i have a great hand for it too. 5-10nl game, there's a guy at the table with about a 10k stack, and he's been having fun by minraising every hand preflop. another big stack at the table has been playing along and min-re-raising, then 10k-stack would min-3rd-raise, etc. i thought it was a hoot, it also helped build big pots, so i played along a couple times too. then this hand came up:

i'm in the sb with aces, one ep limper, 10k-stack minraises to 20, i reraise to 40, ep calls 2 cold. 10k-stack obliges by reraising to 60, i reraise to 80, ep calls 2 more cold. 10k-stack reraises of course. at this point the whole table is cracking up. now i decide, ok, time to bomb it, and push a 500 stack of greens in. the ep guy trapped by all those raises and reraises moves in his whole stack of about 1k with ATo. hehehe, good times.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: this is neat

Hey mike,

That's funny. It takes balls to only min-raise for the 2nd time.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: this is neat

hey cero, i suppose being 98% certain he'd re-open the betting could be considered ballsy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] a few hands earlier when he was doing the min-re-raising thing with another big stack, the dealer actually said, "that's a cap" after the 4th bet until we pointed out to her we weren't playing limit, after which they went another 2 or 3 min-bets before someone finally raised it 250 or so. in fact, the guy took forever to fold to ep's push, he only folded cuz i still had 2k behind and he was afraid (rightly) that i'd shove.

this is just one example of how good the games are--when are you coming back up to a/c to take those chumps' (and my) money? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]