Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:21 PM

Default How can anyone 8 table?

It amazes me that people say they can 8-table. Who does this and what does it do to your BB/100? How long can you do it for? Are you really making more money that playing 3-4 tables (which is tough for me as it is)?

LLL
Old 09-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: How can anyone 8 table?

It's not that hard especially if you have enough experience that you can make most decisions instantly without much thought.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:27 PM

I 12 tabled in August at 1.4 bb/100 over 20k hands, and the other 20k hands were 8 tabling at 2.1bb/100

I am very comfortable with 8 but I've been doing that for two years. I remember when I thought 3 was a lot. Once I got comfortable with 3 I went to four...then five...and so on.

It took over a year to get past three though.

I think the real drop in bb/100 comes after 8 tables. With a HUD and pokermods black screen and updated stats 8 tables is ok to follow the action well enough, but 12 tables was way too much for me. I dropped down to 8 because I was getting flustered and didnt have time to think.

Ok I'm done rambling.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It amazes me that people say they can 8-table. Who does this and what does it do to your BB/100? How long can you do it for? Are you really making more money that playing 3-4 tables (which is tough for me as it is)?

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing 8 tables at once is still alot easier than sleeping with 2 women at once.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:25 AM

Sleeping with 2 women is easy. You just need more practice.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing 8 tables at once is still alot easier than sleeping with 2 women at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've slept with two women at once. I have never done more than 5-table online poker, though. Perhaps it is because I use 800x600 resolution, and even at 5, I have a few misclicks from other tables popping up in my way.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:31 AM

I have recently gone from 4 to 6 tables at 3/6 with about 80k pokerhands in total behind me. I use 1600x1200 so I can fit four tables in full screen and 2 tables that I have popping up during action. I still find myself having a bit of time left for browsing the web during play so I may try 8 soon - would be nice if tables were smaller though =)

One thing I've noticed is that if anything it helps my game. OK, I may miss out on some reads, but it makes it easier to fold questionable PF-hands which I think saves me a few fractions of BB/100. My average is arount 2 BB/100 at 3/6 doing this... I still need to practice on counting outs amongst many other things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]

- You have to have over 100,000 hands of experience
- pre-flop decisions must be instant
- you need a HUD so that you have stats on all of your opponents.

After that you should have two 1600x1200 monitors side-by-side so that you don't have any overlap.

PaperboyNC
Old 09-02-2005, 09:57 AM

It's easy.

You sacrifice thought about the game and reads in order to get in as many possible hands per hour. You stop thinking about what people may have and what the optimal play would be, and develop "standard" plays. Then you use those "standard" plays any time a situation where you are unsure of what to do is.

It's an awful way to become a great player, but most people inherently strive for mediocrity.

Remember to bet/fold if a decision requiring actual thought comes up.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:18 AM

So, people who 8 table are: calculating EV, pot odds, reading others' hands and putting them on ranges(who raised preflop, opponent's positions, etc), determining who is bluffing and who is inducing a bluff, determining who is slowplaying, and determining who is trying for a free card?

On 8 tables???