Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Frozen hand

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose a case where someone offered you 1 million to finish in the money. It doesn't matter whether it's 1st, 2nd or 3rd. 4th is worth nothing, 3rd is worth 1 million. Would you still go all in with the AQ here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would check with that payout. the question is pretty relevent, as it describes the payout for a satelite.

i would love to watch 200+15 sit n go histories from a good player - is there any way i can get my hands on them?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:03 PM

First of all, this scenario ($1 million for any Top 3 finish) significantly changes the value of pushing versus folding relative to the actual situation, and it's not because of how much money is at stake. It's because there is ZERO increase in pay for finishing higher than 3rd.

As long as big stack was dealing with the same parameters (same prize for any top 3 finish) I believe pushing in is still correct, although it's much closer. It
s even more correct if big stack is familiar with correct strategy (although, if he was, he would not have limped in here), because he should consider folding even AA if this prize structure was in effect.

So there's your answer, but I cannot stress enough that under actual conditions (50% to first, 30% to second, and 20% to third), pushing is clearly correct.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:07 PM

See AA Suited's post on the second page of this forum, entitled, "How much can you learn by watching the 200+15 tournys?"

There is a link to Party Poker's hand replayer software and it includes some of Frozen's 200+15 hand histories.

By the way, after watching the first one, I must say I was shocked by how badly some these people played. Frozen played very solidly, but I think even he would agree that there wasn't much involved in making it to the money in this one.