Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: hourly rate and what not

Thank you, I will take this into consideration.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WAY too low was probably an exageration. But you do want to be above 2 on all streets. Especially as tight as you are preflop, your hands have to be good enough to bet/raise with more than you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm nut-peddling more now than I was at limit, or maybe I just sucked and called way too many raises, but PAHud is showing my AF at 5-10 fairly often.

I'm 16.5/4.2/4.9 at the moment; dunno if this is indicative of hands, tho I'm only 4PTBB/100h over this range.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stress enough how much you need to raise more preflop. 5% PFR is still considered very tight 10 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-handed NL, I should have PFR > 5%? I'm really having trouble with raising this stuff. A9s from LP after limpers? KQo from EP? KJo first-in from MP?

If someone has >20k hands at SSNL, is winning, and has "the right numbers," I'd like to see your stats.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10-handed NL, I should have PFR > 5%? I'm really having trouble with raising this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't deside your action solely on the strength of your hand... compare it to the likely range of people who have already acted. If you have A9s on the button and the two limpers already in are 40/5, you have a monster compared to their hand range. Not raising here is a crime but many won't do it, because A9s is a marginal hand. You have position and most likely a better hand... your action should be clear. Actively look for spots like this where you have position and are ahead of limper's likely range.

[ QUOTE ]
If someone has >20k hands at SSNL, is winning, and has "the right numbers," I'd like to see your stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put in 33K hands at 25NL, almost always i was by far the tightest player at the table with 15/6/2.5. I think these are typical number for a tight aggressive player, maybe even on the low side of that range. Your aggression numbers are probably closer to optimal than mine.

Tight play is safe and will make you money. Loosening up (relatively speaking) can put you in more difficult situations, but will make you even more money and allow you to learn the game better.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely raise more pre-flop. VPIP of 16% is OK (kinda tight IMO, but definitely in acceptable range). But PFR of 1.6% is very low. If you are raising only AA, KK and AK, you are losing a lot of value. Please raise TT+ and AQ and loosen up more in later positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm working toward 21+
Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

15/6/2.5.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am embarassed to say I dont know what this means.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:37 AM

Hands: 22,825
VP$IP: 16
PFR: 6
Agg-Factor: 1.8
W$SD: 54
Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 AM

pretty sure that this is listed in the faq somewhere.

I couldn't tell you hourly rate because I'm not sure how many hands per hour NL players play... so I'd clock yourself for an hour and then check the faq. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 05:41 AM

The first number is the percentage of time you voluntarily put money into the pot. The second number is the percentage of time the player raises preflop. The last number is aggression factor. I think this is calculated by (# of bets + #of raises)/(# of calls).
Old 12-14-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure that this is listed in the faq somewhere.

I couldn't tell you hourly rate because I'm not sure how many hands per hour NL players play... so I'd clock yourself for an hour and then check the faq. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Including occasional bio breaks, I get about 60 hands/hr per table at the Party $25 and $50 NL.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:04 PM

Pokertracker tells you exactly how much you make an hour. Some math formula involving # of hours played, average number of tables being played during that time, and the amount won.