Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Luxor or Aladdin

Hi all

Want make a 2 week vegas-trip. Only a friend and me, our plan was the Luxor, but now we think perhaps the Aladdin is the better choice ( more central).

Any advice ?

Wolfgang
Old 03-07-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Luxor or Aladdin

Aladdin. Better hotel, better poker room, and two great 2+2'ers work there.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 11:11 AM

the Luxor is good for a visit..thats about it
Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Not enough information!
Two weeks is a long time. What is the purpose of the trip? Two weeks of poker? High Stakes or low limit? Do you just want a place to crash for a few hours when you sleep or luxury? Lot so other variables as well.

Between the two, I would vote Aladdin as well. Better poker roomand better location (although I do not know of I would exactly consider it "central"). There is a GREAT Buffet in the Aladdin as well!!!

Have Fun!!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:49 AM

guess we will spend the most nights on the pokertables, in germany we cant play real [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Over the days a bit sightseeing, vacation, pool. We dont need the total "Luxus" but more than a bed to sleep.

Thx Wolfgang
Old 03-07-2005, 12:11 PM

If the pool is important you might want to consider the Tropicana. It has a really good pool, the rooms are decent and if you want to be on the south end of the strip it's location is good. It is right on the same corner that has the MGM, New York New York and The Excalibur. The Aladdin is just past the MGM and there are good low limit poker rooms on the south end of the strip at Excalibur, Luxor Mandaly Bay, Monte Carlo, Aladdin and soon the MGM. The mid strip stuff is not really all that far away and not a bad walk, unless you go when it is hot in the middle of the day. But even then you can hop the monorail and get pretty much anywhere on the strip with that.

Heck if you are going to be there for two weeks you might want to think about moving around and trying a couple of different hotels. Stay in the "Nicer" more expensive ones during the week when the rates are lower and then at the lower cost ones on the weekend. Something to think about at least! There are a lot of people who do that during an extended trip to Vegas.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would vote Aladdin as well. Better poker roomand better location (although I do not know of I would exactly consider it "central"). There is a GREAT Buffet in the Aladdin as well!!!

Have Fun!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Late tonight Hero (girlfriend) and I are going to Las Vegas and staying at the Aladdin (mostly because it was relatively cheap (<$100 per night) and centrally located). For me it's the first time in Las Vegas since before the Bellagio was built! This isn't a poker trip (although we may hit the Bellagio poker room Wednesday afternoon).

Anyway, any hints for good, sexy cocktail lounges and/or lounge shows, other fun places to drink, and decent light food (buffet meals ruin my libido [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). We are hoping for ideas in the Aladdin or within walking distance.

~ Rick

PS We had to delay our start 12 hours and were originally going to reschedule for next week. Next week is super expensive and nearly sold out. Is there some sort of big convention in town next week?
Old 03-07-2005, 03:04 PM

The NASCAR race which leads in to March Madness is this week...NASCAR is a huge event in Vegas.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, any hints for good, sexy cocktail lounges and/or lounge shows, other fun places to drink, and decent light food (buffet meals ruin my libido [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). We are hoping for ideas in the Aladdin or within walking distance

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get much closer than the Fashionistas at Krave, next to the Aladdin. If you like kink, and dig live performances, you'll like the show.

It is a dance show, but unlike the cabaret types, it tells a full story. Some of the scenes are hot, others kinda silly, and I doubt people will agree on which are which. But the show tries some different things, the stage setting is innovative, the costumes are outrageous, and the dancers are talented. No silicone here, these are dancer builds all the way.

Official site may not be suitable for work, but Mike Weatherford's review for the LV Review-Journal is.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:35 PM

well rick it'd be sold out because of March Madness, a convention, Spring Break, the WSOP Circuit. Everyone flies in to bet on the games etc. Everyone KNOWS IF U WANNA COME to Vegas anytime in march past the 2nd week u better book early.