Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Party till you Cruise II -- Party wised up

[ QUOTE ]
All tournament players MUST be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. This is a WPT requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I was considering going for it this time since there wouldn't be any referral shenanigans and it'd only take a few days instead of a whole week, but oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Brian
Old 02-16-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus Party Points (which you can earn by referring friends, making deposits, playing during happy hours <font color="blue">or playing regularly</font>) will not count.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get points by playing regularly? Hmm.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bonus Party Points (which you can earn by referring friends, making deposits, playing during happy hours <font color="blue">or playing regularly</font>) will not count.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't get points by playing regularly? Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

As in five days in a week or twenty in a month.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:14 AM

I am going for it. I have been up since 5 am Tuesday and been playing on Party since 8pm. I will see how long I can stay awake.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:48 PM

You could always play as a team on shifts...and then everyone has a stake in the player as a % of the 15K points they earned or something.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:46 PM

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my friends/roommates playing on my account.

Besides, how would you split a cruise? The only thing I can imagine is that you and a SO both played well enough to play at 0 EV or better at that level, and even then if you're going 24/7 that probably trips some heruistc-based cheat detection on their end.

-K
Old 02-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Not sure about that.

I received a PM from a guy who said he was going to try to stay up for the whole stretch and perhaps see if he can get in all his hands that way.

I obviously recommended he try to at least sneak in a 2-4 hour nap somewhere in there.
But I think it is possible that someone REALLY motivated could go for over 24-hours at a clip.

when I did it there were a bunch of posters who thought that even if the Refer-a-friend dudes were shot down that I still wouldn't have any chance because of all the supposed teams out there.
Well, I did it in 4 days...and really could have done it in 3 and still gotten some sleep in there (and heard from someone who did just that)...and I still got it.

IMO....even if you started RIGHT NOW there might still be a chance that you could get this. Obviously it's not a guarantee. But you'd have a shot since all the people will probably be finishing on the same day (Friday...except for the guy who says he's going to just not sleep and try to do it by midnight Thursday) and I thnk it comes down to who e-mails party first when the points are updated.

So...if I finish at 2p on Friday...and you finish at 11p on Friday...we both still have to wait for the points to be updated Saturday morning around 9:30a or so. that's my understanding anyway...but it's Party so anything is possible.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thnk it comes down to who e-mails party first when the points are updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

this assumes there even is a limit to the seats they will award. my money says the stated limit is in place to create the fever but that nobody accomplishing this will be turned down. this is party poker. they could give away a thousand seats and not feel it.

i did not hear anyone compain about not getting a seat last time and i read several forums.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:13 PM

Interesting theory.

But yes...they do lose money if they give-away a ton of these since it all goes into the prize-pool so I think you are overlooking that part.

BTW - FWIW, there was one guy on here who said he was supposed to get it because he had some inside-info or something and that they turned him down. He was pretty pissed about it.

Between the other forums you frequent how many people do you know of who claimed to have gotten it?
Old 02-16-2005, 07:20 PM

i did not see the guys post here but i bet he was full of crap or they determined his points were gained by bogus TAFs.

these are nice promos for party to offer and one person who played 5 straight days and bubbled would make more noise than you can imagine and also negate the entire goodwill created by such a promo. i read cp, rgp and upf and there is not one horror story of a denial when you won yours. if i had tried for one and came close i would have raised hell. most people who have these points and play the hours required are likely forum contributors and we would have heard from them.

nobody but party knows whenther they awarded 30 or 100. there is too much risk in bad PR to enforce the stated cap.

i only saw 4 or 5 others discussing it and they all got seats.