Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Party till you Cruise II -- Party wised up

Looks like Party did not think about some of the ways to "earn" the cruise the first time around. I just took this from their website:

[ QUOTE ]
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO JOIN THE CRUISE!
Party until Friday (Feb 18th), earn more than 15,000 Regular Party Points and you will be able to buy a “PPM IV package” worth $12,600 for just 25,000 Party Points! ..... 10 “PPM IV packages” are available! ..... As soon as you have earned 15,000 Regular Party Points please send a mail to info@partypoker.com telling them that you have qualified and you would like to purchase the package for 25,000 Party Points. Packages will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. .... <font color="red"> Note that you will have to earn 15,000 Regular Party Points. You can only earn these Party Points by playing on the site. Bonus Party Points (which you can earn by referring friends, making deposits, playing during happy hours or playing regularly) will not count. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you missed out the first time, here is your chance to "kill" yourself again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Party till you Cruise II -- Party wised up

LOL..wait until microbob sees this.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Nope, party F\'d up again

The fu**ed up by excluding happy hour points. They've essentially made it impossible (by my calc's) to accumulate 15,000 points in 3 days.

Suppose you 4-tabled the 15/30 full games; that's approx 200 hands / hr = 180 points / hr. That means that you'll have to 4-table continuously for 84 hours between now and Friday. Given that there are only 72 hours in that time period, they've officially made it impossible for 15,000 points to be accumulated -- although ppl are free to point out holes in my math...

I guess you could 4-table the 15/30 short games, but you still got to sleep some time...no way this is possible.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Nope, party F\'d up again

...unless you 8-table 6 max
Old 02-15-2005, 07:21 PM

How can you 8-table Party with one account????
Old 02-15-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...unless you 8-table 6 max

[/ QUOTE ]

You know how to get 8 party tables open ? lol
Old 02-15-2005, 07:23 PM

That was probably the intention from the get-go. They were probably SHOCKED that someone did it in the first place!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 PM

Note to self: remove foot from mouth

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL..wait until microbob sees this.

[/ QUOTE ]

just saw it. pretty freakin funny.

Should I do another marathon to win another cruise?? LOL.
(not a chance btw - just got back from an excursion to Tunica and I will NOT be staying up very late tonight).

When I sent them various e-mails the last time they kept trying to assure me that anyone who referred that many players would be scrutinized. Eventually, one of their support members went so far as to say that 23 RAF's on the first day probably wouldn't be counted because it would be so suspicious.

Obviously I didn't know whether they were yanking my chain or not at the time.
Seems they have wised up to the 'alternate' strategies of getting this....and, in a way, seem to have listened to my e-mails (and perhaps the e-mails of others).

I wonder if they turned down any RAF-attempts from the last time...or if they accepted a couple of them and decided that this isn't the way they intended it to be done.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:22 PM

teddy fbi said:

[ QUOTE ]
The fu**ed up by excluding happy hour points. They've essentially made it impossible (by my calc's) to accumulate 15,000 points in 3 days.

Suppose you 4-tabled the 15/30 full games; that's approx 200 hands / hr = 180 points / hr. That means that you'll have to 4-table continuously for 84 hours between now and Friday. Given that there are only 72 hours in that time period, they've officially made it impossible for 15,000 points to be accumulated -- although ppl are free to point out holes in my math...

I guess you could 4-table the 15/30 short games, but you still got to sleep some time...no way this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are incorrect.

1 - on the 15/30 jackpot games you get 24 points per 20 hands. you probably would want to play those and not the 15/30 full games. I played the 10/20 6-max.

2 - You have more than 3 days to do this. Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri (assuming that it starts immediately...if it doesn't start until Weds then you are correct that it is only 72 hours).

3 -
I earned 6696 'regular' points on my last day of playing

I earned 16038 'regular' points in my last 3 days of the promotion.
(I only got 2454 'regular' points on the first day because I only played from 5a-1p and then slept and then went to dinner and an NBA game that night from 5p-1a).

after my slow-start first day I earned 4518 and 4824 'regular' party points on days 2 and 3 and probably only played 14 or so hours per day.

10/20 6-max earned points much faster than I anticipated.

With virtually NO table-selection (just whichever one was open first) I was typically getting close to 100 hds/hr per table.
Some of these during the overnight hours were 3 or 4 handed which might make them go a bit faster of course...but also leads to a greater likelihood that you'll have hands that aren't raked so I'm not sure whether they were better or not.

Anyway, I was getting close to 4k hands on 4-tables during the 10-hours of happy-hours. And would earn 3400-3500 in 'bonus' points during that time.

Thus, you can assume about 330-340 points per hour 4-tabling the 10/20 6-max.
Probably more if you are more focused than I was. I had a lot of time-outs on the tables because of some disconnect crap while surfing 2+2 and typing posts here and generally losing concentration.

I think if you're more focused and caffeinated you can get closer to 360 points per hour 4-tabling 10/20 6-max.

Anyway, to do it in 3 days will take about 44-45 hours of total play.

Perhaps as few as 40-42 hours (if you get 360-370 points per hour)

If it only takes around 42 hours....AND if you got to play tonight as well and have it count...
Then you could play 5 hours tonight..and then 18.5 hours on Wed and 18.5 on Thu and you would likely get there by Thu-midnight.

It's probably overkill though as I suspect that if you got there by Friday night that you would have a very good chance of winning the cruise.
Plus...42 hours wouldn't be enough if you're only at 340pts/hour.

But there's certainly no reason why you couldn't do 15 hours on Tue/Wed, Thu and Fri and make it there.

If you try to do this....make sure to hit them with your confirmation e-mail as soon as your points-page is updated.
Although I was able to keep at them and say "look, I know the page isn't updated yet...but when it is I KNOW that I will be over 30k points and will be eligible for the cruise" and they finally worked with me a little bit just to get it in a bit sooner.
And then I sent them another one once the points page was finally updated (which I think is typically at 9:30-10:00am eastern time or somewhere around there).

Good luck gang....I proved that it can be done.
Will be interested to see if somebody goes the no-sleep route this week trying to get it.

My GF and I are still super-duper excited for our trip.

we were sitting here booking our flight today (which party doesn't pay for btw) and we're counting the days.