Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Greedy slavics quick poll.
Take the cash and flash your cards to the player 7 30.43%
Take the cash and roll your cards over 13 56.52%
Don't take the cash and roll the hand over 1 4.35%
Don't take the cash, muck your hand 1 4.35%
Don't take the cash, muck your hand, and say "I was bluffing" 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Rush Limbaugh Poll

Please select one option below. The first five options refer to any time spent listening to his show, whether it be 3 hours per day or 1 hour per month.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Rush Limbaugh Poll

It is sad to see a poll like this...While I don't agree with what Rush says I dont think this poll is fair...I listen to the show because it is entertaining...The man goes out of his way to push people's button...(apparantly it has worked on you)...I was a political science major and I know the lack of sense of humor most political diehards have whether they be right or left wingers...No where was there an option for "I find him entertaining while I don't always agree with him"...You may hate the man for his politcal views and you are free to do so but millions of Americans listen every day for numerous reasons...You just insulted many people because of your hate...You should just learn to change the channel if you don't want to listen...Anyways have a good day.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Well Stated (n/m)

Old 07-11-2004, 02:16 PM

This post is stupid.

Rush's shtick is to voice certain views in such a way as to be controversial. I view Rush the same way I view Michael Moore. Both have found a very lucrative way to enrich themselves. Anyone who takes either of them as being serious political pundits needs to get out more (or at least learn to formulate their own opinions).
Old 07-11-2004, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is sad to see a poll like this...While I don't agree with what Rush says I dont think this poll is fair...I listen to the show because it is entertaining...The man goes out of his way to push people's button...(apparantly it has worked on you)...I was a political science major and I know the lack of sense of humor most political diehards have whether they be right or left wingers...No where was there an option for "I find him entertaining while I don't always agree with him"...You may hate the man for his politcal views and you are free to do so but millions of Americans listen every day for numerous reasons...You just insulted many people because of your hate...You should just learn to change the channel if you don't want to listen...Anyways have a good day.

[/ QUOTE ]
"I just insulted many people"... Rush Limbaugh insults many people every day! At least when his show is on.

"You may hate the man for his politcal views." I don't hate Rush Limbaugh for his political views. My problem with him is that he speaks his views as if they were the TRUTH and he has millions of disciples that happily spread his pathologic lies and skewed ideas.

In addition to this, I dislike Limbaugh for WHAT HE IS. Which is a pompuous, arrogant, hypocritical windbag.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:34 PM

I dislike Limbaugh for WHAT HE IS. Which is a pompuous, arrogant, hypocritical windbag.

If you don't feel the same about Michael Moore, you're a partisan dog.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:35 PM

Default I know you must listen to Limbaugh more than I do, amazing .

Old 07-11-2004, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Limbaugh for WHAT HE IS. Which is a pompuous, arrogant, hypocritical windbag.

If you don't feel the same about Michael Moore, you're a partisan dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, I think the same thing about Moore. But nowhere near the same level as Limbaugh. However, I wouldn't call Moore a hypocrite. I haven't seen any evidence to support that.

Anyone who doesn't see Limbaugh as a hypocrite is totally blind to any facts. There are probably hundreds of reasons he is a hypocrite, but the two that come to mind are his lack of military service and his drug use. Limbaugh is Mr. Tough when it comes to bombing and sending troops into any conflict. However, Mr. Limbaugh used an "anal cyst" on his ass as his reason to not serve in Vietnam. That's a perfect example of a "Chickenhawk" if there ever was one.

Regarding his drug use, he talked about his golfing game almost daily during his shows over the past three or four years (with no mention of any back problems) . Then when he goes public about his drug addiction, he blames disabling back pain. OK, I'm not a doctor but I don't see how someone who is enduring this god-awful back pain can be such an avid golfer.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rush Limbaugh insults many people every day! At least when his show is on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some one ties you to a chair and makes you listen [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Call 911 and report this.

[ QUOTE ]
My problem with him is that he speaks his views as if they were the TRUTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone speaks their views as if they were the truth. Ya gotta believe!
(Otherwise there would be no poker games.) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
he has millions of disciples that happily spread his pathologic lies and skewed ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. They are really annoying, going door to door, handing out pamphlets. Worse than Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of that is an obvious act, which I find amusing. I don't always agree with Rush, and he often carries things to great extremes, but he does come up with different ways of looking at things. I only wish there was someone similar on the other extreme. I'd listen to both. With an open mind.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Re: I know you must listen to Limbaugh more than I do, amazing .

"I know you must listen to Limbaugh more than I do, amazing." So what you are saying is that you cannot come to his defense, but you can say that I listen to him and that somehow proves a point?

I don't like Ken Lay, but I watched his press conference last week. Am I know a Ken Lay fan?