Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 03:37 AM

Default Natedogg\'s Blue Ribbon Game of the Month - FREE

Ok, I'm running at about 50% right now. Ugggh.

I did a lot better last year just following Big Al and Wild Bill. Maybe I should stick to that.

I seem to be doing real well picking overs, but very poorly picking unders.

So of course, I'm going to pick some unders this week.
But first, my Blue Ribbon Game of the Month, for free. My subscribers get the Gold Star picks as well but you cheap bastards who aren't paying me only get my Blue Ribbon picks.

New Orleans -5.5 vs. Chicago.
No way. No freakin way. There is no way Chicago is going
to keep up with the Saints on Sunday. Deuce is going to have his best day of the year so far when the Bears come to town. Bears rallied hard and played their game of the year to give the fans a win last week vs the Raiders, but it's return to reality week for the Bears. Their line is absolutely awful and Kordell is mistake-prone and their defense has been confused all year. Haslet will have the Saints ready to kill after losing a game due to one special teams play.

I believe the Saints will hand Kordell 5 sacks and it won't matter just how banged up their secondary is. Chicago may put around 14-16 but Saints are going to hang 24-30 on 'em if not more.

Runner Ups:
Philly pk at Dallas
For all the reasons Wild Bill has stated, Dallas just does not stack up to Philly. I think the public may be riding Dallas after their 3 win streak but the last two wins were against the woeful Jets and the hapless Cardinals.
Philly is a real football team and they are coming into town to play some real football. I don't see how Dallas can win the game if they rush for 50 yards only, which is about what they'll get.

Panthers + 5 at Colts
Nobody believes except me I guess. Panthers specifically designed to beat a Dungy-type defense. They have the ability to slow down the Colts. They can keep it close. Line would be nowhere near this big if Simeon Rice
keeps his feet on the ground for the last play. Colts go home a loser and Cats come in at 4-0 looking solid. Line would be 2.5. I like the Cats and the money line
too.

Seattle/SFO under 45.5
A road trip to seattle is just not the answer for a team that has had a lot of trouble scoring. The woeful lions held them to 7 in the second half and everyone knows the lions have a terrible, terrible secondary. Something
very wrong in 9er land and I don't believe the Garcia/Owens are all hunky dory again PR that is coming out of SF. That kind of tension is just a disaster waiting to happen.
Last year both games went over but 9er offense hasn't changed much, Seattle knows what to expect.

Last one:
Atlanta +11, of course. I just can't justify laying 11 with a team that only covered vs. the Cardinals.
Atlanta will be very fired up for this game and the Rams are coached by a buffoon. Atlanta could very well win outright, so the 11 points is a gift from god. I think.