Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Upcoming Vegas Visit - Size of Bankroll Question

I am planning an upcoming trip to Vegas for a long week-end (4.5 days) of 2 poker sessions per day - some cash, some tournaments (<$100 total buy-in plus re-buys). I usually play 3-6 limit or $0.5/$1 NL on-line.

Two questions:

1. How do these on-line games "translate" to B&M - i.e. 3-6 Limit = 3-6 B&M Limit?

2. What bankroll advice for B&M $1/2 NL? Obviously I don't lose consistently on-line, but I also don't end +$$ every time. Positive EV over enough hands on-line.

Thanks!

Beachman
Old 11-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Upcoming Vegas Visit - Size of Bankroll Question

hi, welcome to 2+2...

3/6 limit in vegas is going to be just about the worst poker players out there. if you are beating it online, then you will have no problem playing it live.

as far as NL bankroll requirements go, they are the same for live vs online. personally, i like about 20-30 buyins... the lowest NL you will find out here will be 1/2 or 1/3... some games are uncapped, while others are capped at 50 to 100 bb. when you buy in, always have enough to cover the fish/the players who you are better than.

-ryan
Old 11-07-2005, 11:42 AM

Beechman,

In my estimation, 3/6 limit online ~= 15/30 B+M. You probably will want to play some 4/8 B+M just to get your feet wet with B+M.

5 days is a long time in Vegas. I'd say 1k should be okay for several days of $100 NL.

Do not blow your whole roll in Vegas!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:03 PM

I took a G to play with when I went.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the advice. I thought that online was much "harder" at the lower limits as I have seen very solid play at UB 3/6 and have to be actually paying attention to stay +$. I played in Vegas back in June, but only 2-4 Limit and really struggled to make much $$ with all the chasing and clueless play. I didn't try NL due to time constraints and spouse obligations. Yet I digress . . .

I was considering a NL bankroll of $2-3K with daily loss limits of $600 (3 buy-ins) at a 1/2 200 max table. I want the NL play to fund my tournament entries which will be limited to 1 a day.

With Caesar's opening late this year and the Wynn's higher end week day tournies, I'm looking for a serious assessment of my play. I have done well at both the Sahara's and Aladdin's week day (NOT evening) tournies.

Any additional advice is appreciated.

Beachman
Old 11-07-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi, welcome to 2+2...

3/6 limit in vegas is going to be just about the worst poker players out there. if you are beating it online, then you will have no problem playing it live.

as far as NL bankroll requirements go, they are the same for live vs online. personally, i like about 20-30 buyins... the lowest NL you will find out here will be 1/2 or 1/3... some games are uncapped, while others are capped at 50 to 100 bb. when you buy in, always have enough to cover the fish/the players who you are better than.

-ryan toronto/tampa/talahassee

[/ QUOTE ]

easy fyp.

rj
Old 11-07-2005, 02:06 PM

You should be sufficiently rolled. Chasing tournies might be a little more time consuming than you think.

All Vegas Poker has a good summary of tournies that are available and the expected time to finish.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:12 PM

I'm a big fan of Doug's site. I use one of his "custom chips" as my card protector.

AB
Old 11-07-2005, 06:43 PM

If you are a winning player at 0.50/1.00 NL on UB, then you should be looking at the red chip NL games. The 1/2 and 1/3 games are likely to bore you to death.

Checkout the Wynn for NL no cap games.

Also do not put a stop loss on your day... Afterall if a donk or two sucks out making that horrible call, you really want to get it all back and then some right?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in Vegas back in June, but only 2-4 Limit and really struggled to make much $$ with all the chasing and clueless play.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think that in poker money is made by playing against *better* players?