Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: early lines for 9/25

[ QUOTE ]
I think the bears will crush the bengals. The bengals are just getting too much hype - for what? Beating a decent CLE team and a horrible MINN team? The bears seem to be starting to get in a rythm and seem to be trustworthy at Soldier field.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no way the bears defense has played an offense that is on the level with the cincinnati bengals. granted, the bengals have only played the browns and vikings. but we handled both teams with ease.

for the bengals to lose this game, kyle orton is going to have to beat them. that won't happen.

this game won't be close.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the bears will crush the bengals. The bengals are just getting too much hype - for what? Beating a decent CLE team and a horrible MINN team? The bears seem to be starting to get in a rythm and seem to be trustworthy at Soldier field.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no way the bears defense has played an offense that is on the level with the cincinnati bengals. granted, the bengals have only played the browns and vikings. but we handled both teams with ease.

for the bengals to lose this game, kyle orton is going to have to beat them. that won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Root for the losingest franchise in pro sports over a decade, and then start talking trash after a 2-0 start like your team is an unstoppable machine...
That's just awesome. Gotta love the NFL. Gotta love forums.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Root for the losingest franchise in pro sports over a decade, and then start talking trash after a 2-0 start like your team is an unstoppable machine...
That's just awesome. Gotta love the NFL. Gotta love forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

does the fact that the bengals lost a lot of games over the past 15 years matter on sunday? not the last time i checked.

and how does anything i said come off as trash talk? the bears are a mediocre football team that are getting talked about because they play in a pee-wee division. they have an untested defense (washington and detroit are far from good offenses) and they ahve a rookie QB. take those facts, and the fact that we have the #1 offense in the league, and the fact that carson palmer now has 5 straight games with 100+ qb ratings, this game isn't close. the bengals have given up 13 and 8 points in their first 2 games, you don't see me raving about their defense, do you? i know that their defense is vunlerable, but i also know that kyle orton cannot win games by himself.

bottom line. no trash talk, just straight facts.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:56 AM

Bears got this one. For the same phenomenon that let Pats continue to crush an Indy team in the playoffs that seemed unstoppable. They will break up the rythm.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:17 PM

I think that you guys are forgetting that the Cincy D will destroy the Bears offense. Cincy will score at least 13 and that will be enough to win.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:42 PM

The Bengals are for real. I don't think Palmer threw his first incompletion vs. Minn. until the 2nd quarter. Houszemanzadaahahda will punish teams who try and cover him man-to-man. Chris Perry looks excellent as a 3rd down/change of pace back. And once they get a lead, they can just pound the ball with Rudi, and sub in Perry if he's tired. They look like an excellent 1-2 punch. The Bengals defense forced 7 turnovers last week. That was the first Bengals game of the Marvin Lewis era I've seen where it looked like a Marin Lewis defense was on the field. Guys were flying around everywhere making plays.

The Bears/Lions contest had the most misleading score of any game last week. Detroit pretty much folded in the 2nd quarter, Harrington had 5 ints, and the Bears were scoring every way imaginable -- it's not like they blew up offensively. I do, however, think Chicago has a top 5 caliber defense.

The Bengals defense may not be as good as teams like Chicago or Washington (who would of shut out the Bears had they not fumbled the kickoff in the 2nd half), but they're the most improved defense that no one is talking about. For the Bears to have a chance to win this game, they're going to have to play ball control, bleed the clock, and win the turnover battle by at least +2. But the Bears still have rookie at QB, and Cincinnati has all week to gameplan for Orton.

This Bengals team reminds me of the Rams the year they broke out and won the Super Bowl. Everyone doubted them early in the season (myself included), and it wasn't until like Week 5 that the lines were properly adjusted. I've learned from history, and I will not repeat my past mistakes.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bengals defense forced 7 turnovers last week. Detroit pretty much folded in the 2nd quarter, Harrington had 5 ints

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying you're wrong about this pick, but you can't give 1 defense credit for forcing 7 turnovers and not give the other D credit for 5 picks.

you also say that Chicago scored "every way imaginable" as though that's a bad thing. Their offense isn't good, we know that, but they found ways to put points on the board - Mike Brown has a history of Defensive TD's and getting a special teams score has to be seen as a positive because it means they have weapons there and while they may not get the TD, it may set up their offense.

Again, I don't know enough about this game to say you're wrong, but I'm not sure your logic is right here.

FishNChips
0-3-1 in 3+1 challenge