Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: early lines for 9/25

Anyone watch the Cinci game? I'm just wondering if they're for real as I think the score of the Bears game didn't represent what actually happened. Bears played solid ball, but the blowout was due to Detroit falling apart. I just wonder if solid play will be enough to make Cinci do the same.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:51 PM

Jealousy? Hatred? lol You think people who barely know you can feel that strongly about you? Just take it down about a dozen notches and everything will be fine.

I don't love NE this weekend but will have at least a unit on them.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
other examples would be "I went to church with Payton <sic> Manning, and I'm from Indy, so they will win"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol please throw out this kind of BS too, Indy. I was almost looking for an "Ignore User" button somewhere on 2+2 after I read that gem.

Or you can go my route instead -- I frequently post zero rationale for my picks.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:00 PM

For those inclined, it could be teaser time!
N.E. +3
Philly -8

Move that to:
N.E. +9
Philly -2

and it looks very strong.
Is this teaser a sucker bet?
What am I missing?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:02 PM

I think Cincy is for real (playoff bound), but I think the Bears are too(playoff bound) and I just don't think Cincy should be getting points here. Granted this isn't the same old (5-11) Bungles, but this isn't the same old (5-11) Bears either.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:04 PM

cool. whatever. I'll keep posting these great picks and you can do what u want with them. Im like 10-4 or something like that with the posts I've laid out here.

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Cincy is for real (playoff bound), but I think the Bears are too(playoff bound) and I just don't think Cincy should be getting points here. Granted this isn't the same old (5-11) Bungles, but this isn't the same old (5-11) Bears either.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm confused ... which way are you leaning here? Cincy and Chi both could be playoff bound, but the Bears might get there because no one else in that division is good enough to win 8 games (I'm not convinced the bears are either ... keep in mind they lost to WAS in week 1). I'm not sure which way I'm leaning myself, but a home dog with a great defense seems like a higher % play.

FishNChips
Old 09-19-2005, 03:15 PM

What about the Colts this week? The spread is -13.5 and the over is in the 40s. I will carefully watch the Browns tapes tonight before laying a wager but I sense that there may be some value here. Just not sure where yet.

Thoughts?

Indy
Old 09-19-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the bears will crush the bengals. The bengals are just getting too much hype - for what? Beating a decent CLE team and a horrible MINN team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they've been a mediocre team for a couple years, and they've shown signs of being better than mediocre by blowing out their first 2 teams, 1 an arch rival on the road? Nobody's saying they're SB bound I don't think.
But yeah, -3 is a bit much in Chi for them I think.

[ QUOTE ]

I also am confused as to why everyone is so big on the Pats here. Granted they will win the superbowl this year, but because of this, they don't seem to value important regular season games as much. The steelers beat them at home last year and they look like an even better team this year. I look for the steelers to get a solid win at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed...no intangible advantage for NE in this game just because they lost last week. It's not like it's 'just another game' for the Steelers.

[ QUOTE ]

No opinion on the third game, but I am totally down with fading the BSPs if they turn out to favor Car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opening day was a great spot to take Miami in the BSP game. Now it seems like people like Saban a little TOO much. I'd take the Panthers in this game if I had to, but frankly I plan on staying away from Dolphins home games this year and just focusing on betting against Guss Forrotte in road games.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:28 PM

I have to say I cringed hearing all of the preseason Colts hype about them being the odds on favorite to win the superbowl. All of this because I would have bet my net worth against them vs pats in playoffs previous years.

That having been said, I've never seen them like this (read: with a defense that the team can rely on)

At this point they might be the best team in the league.

I could see them dismantling the browns.