Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 08:09 PM

Default QQ against small stack agression.

Prima 50 NL .25/.50.

UTG has $31, MP2 has $5:50. I'm MP3 w/ queens and cover both. I more or less got stuck in this hand. Also, my 3-raise was a mis-click, I meant to make it $12 instead of $16. All comments appreciated.

UTG min. raises to $1, 3 callers, I make it $4, CO calls, UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 goes all in for another $1:50, I make it $16, CO folds, UTG 5-raises all in for another $15, I......?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: QQ against small stack agression.

I'm no expert but I would think that he is obviously slow playing a high pair. How has he played before that hand, is he tight or aggressive. I would put him at kings or aces, or what would be the point of his bet?You raisng $15 must tell him that you are very strong, so why would he go all-in unless he had you? Also I question why you would jump from betting $3 to $15. Isn't that a bit of a over-bet
Old 02-24-2005, 08:43 PM

As I said, the $16 was a miscklick. And I agree that villian looks like AA/KK, but the pot was already $58 and it was $15 to call. How big does villians stack has to be before considering folding.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:51 PM

This is a call without hesitation for me. If UTG had KK or AA, I would have expected the reraise when your raise got to him. Instead he just called your raise to 4.

Even if you are definitely up against KK/AA, your EV is just slightly negative given the large pot. There is enough doubt in my mind (AKs and JJ, TT are possible holdings in my mind) that i would call.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a call without hesitation for me. If UTG had KK or AA, I would have expected the reraise when your raise got to him. Instead he just called your raise to 4.

[/ QUOTE ]
People LOVE to slowplay AA/KK preflop. This is still an easy call, though.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:39 PM

Kongo you are right. Though he probalby beats you ,at 4-1 pot odds you have to call. What did he have?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:54 PM

One thing you see a lot at low limits is people who think, "if i'm gonna call such a big raise, i might as well go all-in", playing the situation as though they would a tournament. I would only be mildly suprised if villian had something like AQs.

And at 4-1 odds, you gotta call.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you see a lot at low limits is people who think, "if i'm gonna call such a big raise, i might as well go all-in", playing the situation as though they would a tournament. I would only be mildly suprised if villian had something like AQs.

And at 4-1 odds, you gotta call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, and I think that if you're going to raise 16 or even 12 you may as well go all in. I think that you should have raised it to at least $6 originally with so many callers on the minraise, so that if MP2 went all in there wouldn't be another round of betting.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:32 AM

"and I think that if you're going to raise 16 or even 12 you may as well go all in" I did not want this. Both me and CO still in the hand are very deep-stacked, like $150 each. I'm never risking 300BB PF w/ queens.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:57 AM

This seems to be the consensus, as the normal play is to call. You've got too much invested in this pot to give it up now. He could have a smaller pair or two high cards. There's a decent chance you're in trouble here, but the pot is paying you plenty to take a shot at it here.

The only way I can see throwing this away is if you know that this player will play this line regularly with AA or KK. It depends on the game, but this can be a profitable move if you have people who tend to go wild pre-flop. Especially early in wild SNG's, before all the freaks have been weeded out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KC
kingcobrapoker.com