Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Karma, Doing the Right Thing and Ms. Manners

So yesterday I went clothes shopping, something I RARELY treat myself to, and spent a good bit of money. I stopped in one store and bought quite a bit of merchandise and I figured the bill would be in the $400 range. When I got rang up (as the store was closing), it came to only $225. I figured something was up, but they were sort of shoeing everyone out of the store and I looked at my receipt outside. Three shirts, which should have been $40 apiece came up as zero dollars when they scanned them. I didn't know what to do and at that point the store was locked, etc. I felt REALLY bad about it.

So I go home and turn on MSNBC and low and behold, there is a story about ethics with a panel of a rabbi, priest and Ms. Manners. They highlighted the story of a hidden camera exercise at a NYC restaurant where guests were given an obv. incorrect bill (50% error in their favor). About half of them corrected the error. I decided I was going to go back the next day and inform them of their mistake. Meanwhile, I played a certain game on the Internet and hemmoraged a few grand. Serves me right for not banging on the store door and fixing the error immediately like I knew I should. I don't need any bad karma right now.

I'll be hitting the mall on my way home today...trip report to follow if there is interest.

Jeff