Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2005, 03:58 PM

Default 4-5 of clubs... how many bets to put in on flop... and turn??

15/30 B&M game...

This is my typical game with the usual suspects. We have 3 Asian players with two of them being LAGs and the villian in question being the most LAG.

Villian is under the gun and has almost raised every hand he has opened the action with. Including the last 2 hands. In addition, he has shown down some real crap hands... like Q-Js UTG+1 for an open raise.

Villian open raises under the gun. UTG+1 calls and I 3 bet with 4-5 of clubs. Folded to the open raiser who caps the action... from past experience... he does not need a big hand to cap preflop. 3 players to the flop...

flop is 7-4-2 with one club... Villian leads and we lose the player in between... I raise to find out how strong my opponent is... he proceeds to 3 bet me and now I am aware that I need to hit my hand... In order to check the turn for free I 4 bet... and my opponent 5 bets...

How many of you will put in a 6th bet or more at this point??

The turn is a 5 and the villian leads at me again... and I raise again, which he just calls... and the river is a K and he checks and calls and MHIG.

Knowing that the player in question will put in a lot of bets on the flop with anything he doesnt need A-A or a set to put in many bets... how many bets will you guys put in on the flop??

I am quite sure that I got quite lucky on this hand... but it also helped my action for the rest of the night as well. All thoughts on the play in general and whether you would make that play considering the read of the player and also... how often should a player make a play like that during the course of a game... when you are playing with players that you generally play with half of the 40 hours you play a week with? Basically, how much do you guys, who play with a fairly consistent lineup, change gears and make plays like this?

I would appreciate all comments. Thanks and looking forward to the advice.