Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Weak fold?

SB is 60/35, 2
BB, main villain, is 31/16, 2

Did he take a shot?
Was he planning to fold to a raise?
What might his intention have been?

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.00 BB.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Weak fold?

Honestly, I would check the flop and then bet the turn if it is checked around. because when you bet out the flop not one person is thinking 'he must have an ace because he raised preflop'. They are thinking 'what are the odds this guy has an Ace, he's just betting because he raised".

So by checking on this flop in position you look much stronger IMO. And when u finaly do bet the turn it looks like a pure value bet. However, if you are c/r on the turn iwould fold.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:37 PM

checking the flop sux imo. If u are checking the flop it should be with the intention of folding the turn UI.

I bet the flop and thats prob the last $ i put into the pot. BB looks relatively solid and prob has a weak/med king imo.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB looks relatively solid and prob has a weak/med king imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on a weak/med king then the correct play is to raise, since he will fold to a raise, right?
Old 09-23-2005, 08:01 PM

That would prob be the play but i never have enough balls to do it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] what do u think hes holding that he donks with here?
Old 09-24-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That would prob be the play but i never have enough balls to do it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] what do u think hes holding that he donks with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking a monter, like A6 that he wants to bet + 3-bet. But monsters are so rare. I think flush draw is possible as well. As well is weak K.

I think he would fold more than the 30% nessicary to make a raise profitable.

What do others think?
Old 09-24-2005, 05:52 AM

A weak king would check and call down there wouldn't he? WA/WB. I think an ace that wants to bet/3 bet seems more likely.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A weak king would check and call down there wouldn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think it would most of the time. Also I think bet+3bet is a good line with AX, A6, but I still think there is a possibility he has a K. Like I played in this analogus situation. I don't know if he is bet/folding enough. I take it you think he doens't. Then we have:

1 vote for folding (Jinx) : 2 votes for raising (aflaba and deepsquat)

I'm not sure at all.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:24 AM

Well, consider that he called after the SB also called. I'm not sure how many people call with Kx after the SB calls in a blind defense, but I don't. And I'm not sure I'm ever folding a king is this situation.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:05 AM

Thats a good point, but is a turn raise by the pre-flop aggressor standard here on the turn with an inferior hand? I mean what hand would villain expect hero to be holding that will raise a turn donk yet be a dog to Ax?