Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Feedback on JJ hand requested

I know I misplayed this hand. I'd just like to know what I should've done and when I should've done it.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

EDIT: I'll post results tomorrow night.

I didn't call here because I was thinking BB may've been check-calling with a Q or looking to check-raise (the c/r expectation is pretty irrational) and UTG's bet against this board felt like a made flush or Q calling for value on the turn (hoping for at least an overcall and maybe a raise from me because of my pre-flop and flop raises) and betting out for value on the river. I think 10:1 is too big a price to fold here. If UTG hadn't been in on the river (if he hypthetically folded out of turn), this is an easy call for me. As it stands, I'm very unhappy with my fold for one bet on the river.

Any and all feedback welcome. Thanks in advance.

JoshNjuice
Old 09-01-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Feedback on JJ hand requested

Don't fold for 1 bet on the river.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:35 AM

I don't mind calling this flop and reevaluating on the turn. Although, clearly the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not a card you would like to raise. I fold the river too but it feels weak because I can't put him on a reasonable hand (don't post results [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).
Old 09-01-2005, 12:38 AM

I got rid of the results and I'll post them tomorrow night. Thanks for the tip.

JoshNjuice
Old 09-01-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind calling this flop and reevaluating on the turn. Although, clearly the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not a card you would like to raise. I fold the river too but it feels weak because I can't put him on a reasonable hand (don't post results [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying you would call the flop, then raise the turn on a card like the 2-diamonds?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying you would call the flop, then raise the turn on a card like the 2-diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was played correctly IMO. If I'm finding a fold, it's on the turn.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I would definitely raise, although it sounds like a good play because often times your equity is higher and you get some overlay with a guy in the middle. But I just like the idea of reevaluating and seeing what happens. Sometimes they'll check it to you with their J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or whatever, and sometimes it goes bet/raise and you're out of there.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop was played correctly IMO. If I'm finding a fold, it's on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? You just picked up a flush draw.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:46 AM

Wow, this hand is really hurting my brain...

I'm assuming that with the bet into the raiser when that club hits, and his check on the river BB is holding Ac X, yes? Since he didn't reraise your flop it isn't AQo, so I assume you have him beat...

But WTH did UTG come from? I can't imagine he has a queen or he would have raised earlier as well yes? Possible small flush, but again he'd raise the turn with one correct? I'd have to call this river, it's possible you're best here.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 AM

I think your best here. You have 3rd nut flush draw on the turn, so your not folding. Especially since the pot is large.

On the river, I still believe your good. Note, the BB checked and may have been on the flush draw himself. UTG just bet out on a 6. So either he's already got a made hand and was waiting a round?, hit 2 pair or trips. He could also be bluffing. I however can't see anything that he would be betting that doesn't beat you. I initally was going to post to tell you to call it, but now I'm unsure of what to do myself