Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 08:15 PM

Default I think I just went from Tight weak to tight aggresive (medium-low C)

Preface, I am playing NL50 and NL100 on Party skins. I began not long ago playing poker.

Since I am super scared about my money, I played very tight in the beginning ( VI$IP ~ 11-12 %, PR-agg 4%). Although, I got lucky and got many set over two pair and stuff like that. So my bankroll is healthy.

Next, the good run of community card stopped and I am losing slowly but surely money. On these level, people play extremly weak-tight( the majority). I don't get paid off with my good card ( AA for example) : everyone fold to my raise.

So, I tried something for fun : I actually used my position. I raised ANY hand on the button or CO if only one limper. WOW! I worked wonderfully! Sometimes I get callers, but continuation bet rules the game. I picked up a LOT of smalls pot. Although, I know when I am beaten : I can fold :P.

What it does :
- When I arrive at the table, I pick up a lot of small pot. Also, I sometimes get miracle flop ( yay)
-After a while, my raises get less respected, so I get paid off for my legitimate powerful hands.

Result :
I went from
VP$IP: 11% -- Preflop-aggresion :4.1 % -- PTBB/100 :6
to
VP$IP: 19 %-- Preflop aggresion : 8.6 -- PTBB/100 :16

note : My post-flop aggresion has always been ok : 5

Before, I was doing what I read in super system : Anteing myself to death.

Conclusion : To get out of the hell of Tight-weak, Use your position and be aggresive ( raise preflop). This is called not playing your card, but the players [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Thanks for the reading.

Comment/other strategy to get out of the Tight-weak state are welcomed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!
Old 07-02-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: I think I just went from Tight weak to tight aggresive (medium-low

just curious as to how many hands this was over as some of it could really just be sample size and a good streak.