Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Tunica

So I found out today that I have a business trip to Memphis in a few weeks. Schweeet! Of course I am planning on staying in Tunica. Any opinions on where I should stay? I do not know what limits are available but I would rather stay in the 2-4 or 3-6 range (limit games) if possible. I also would like to play in a few lower (<$100) buyin tourneys. I will be working during the day but will have Monday-Thurday night free.

I stayed at the Gold Strike (about a year or a year and 1\2 ago) but I did not venture to the poker room. I strictly played BJ and thew some money away at Roulette.

Thanks for any opinions.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Tunica

goldstrike. call the pokerroom and get the poker rate. MAke sure and get some free chili dogs at 3am in the poker room. The 3/6 is one of the softest 3/6 games ive ever seen.

peace

john nickle
Old 02-24-2005, 10:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. My company is paying for the room so I am not too concerned about the rate. Is there some sort of frequent player card or something I can sign up for? I can fly to Memphis for $99 or $199 round trip (depending on the timeframe) and will possibly make some non-business trips in the future.

What are the typical waits like during the week?

Also, any recomendations for restaurants? I heard Rendezvous in Memphis is outstanding.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:52 AM

Waits won't be bad at all during the week.