Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Top Pair + 1 Card Nut Flush draw

Table is nice, loose and mostly passive pre-flop but more aggression post flop.
<ul type="square">[*]MP is somewhat loose and passive pre-flop and aggressive/solid post flop with most of his aggression shown on the flop and turn.[*] CO is loose and passive[*] BTN is loose and passive pre-flop and aggressive post flop[*] SB is loose and passive pre-flop and aggressive post flop[*] BTN and SB appear to be friends, table coaching and discussing the mistakes others at the table make in a hand. Nothing could get them to shut up short of busting them out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][*] BB is unknown[/list]Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

I am looking for feedback on my play here, given the reads. I will post my thinking or lack thereof with the results tomorrow. Thanks.

Criticism of any part of the play are welcome.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert at any of this.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Top Pair + 1 Card Nut Flush draw

I like the line, I wouldn't have 3-bet the turn either. If he plays well post flop he isn't on a steal anymore and could have an overpair or a set.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:43 AM

I dont see why there is a lack of thinking here? I think thats how I would of played it.

However, a turn 3-bet was probably in order, given MP's possible holdings and your draw.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see why there is a lack of thinking here? I think thats how I would of played it.

However, a turn 3-bet was probably in order, given MP's possible holdings and your draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, he ended up having Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the flopped flush. I think I played it well, the table coaches chewed on me so I came here for some validation. Thanks again to both responders.

As for 3-betting the turn, he was solid enough of a post flop player that he was either on a pure bluff raise (unlikely IMHO) or he had TPTK beat and I was drawing so a re-raise accomplished nothing since it was heads up. I led the river because I felt it was more likely to be checked through more than 50% of the time with the 4 flush and straight possiblities on board and of those 50% that would bet if I checked, a decent portion of those would raise me so checking was a lose/lose situation when I knew his turn action made me believe he had a hand he wanted to showdown.

Thanks

Vern