Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Pokerstars Micro-Limit Hand Question [Weak Draws facing Bets]

Grunch.

I bet the flop. You may fold a few overs, and you may win the pot with a turn bet, or else it'll be checked to you on the turn and you can check it through.

With this turn though, after I bet the flop, I'd just check it through. The only way you'd have a chance to win is the flush, or straight at that point. Someone with the Ace may be check-raising.

The way you played it, I just fold on the turn. The pot is miniscule. With that much action, there is no guarantee your 7-high flush will be good anyway. Your straight should be, I would guess. You can't assume you have any of your pair outs.

But, let's say you cold-call 3 and nobody caps and everyone stays in. The 3BB pot would grow to 12BB. You'd be facing putting in 3BB to win 12BB. That's barely 4:1. Good enough, assuming the flush is good and the gutshot is good, but the implied odds may make this a call, because you aren't spending ANY on the river if the flush doesn't come in.

My knee-jerk reaction is to fold when the pot is 3BB on the turn and it goes bet, raise, 3-bet, but I could see capping, or calling 3 if you thought everyone was coming along.

It's close, because you may not have the best flush, and if the board pairs on the end, you may be up against an Ace-rag house. I think the gutshot outs are pretty clean though. At the very least for a chop.