Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:39 AM

Default PP 1\\2. Too much calling?

This was only my 25th hand at the table, but it was very loose passive. It wasnt uncommon to see an unraised, 5 handed flop. Average pot was about $12. Over 19 hands villian (UTG+1)had a VP$IP of 53 and has shown down face card + anything. Button has a VP$IP of 28 and has only showed AA, but again, this is only over 25 hands. Unfortunately my table just got shut down for "maintenance" so I dont know or remember eithers TTL Agression.

I would appreciate feedback on all streets, especially the flop. Should I have raised the flop?

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Button ($40.75)
SB ($62.25)
BB ($53.11)
UTG ($44.38)
UTG+1 ($51.13)
MP1 ($76.27)
MP2 ($25.62)
Hero ($63.00)
CO ($40.38)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (5.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: PP 1\\2. Too much calling?

Spota i would have folded or raised pre flop depending on how bad the limpers were and how tight/loose the blinds were.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:47 AM

I would have folded this hand preflop from this position. On hte flop with the EP betting in to me I would fold with 2 players behind me.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 AM

i do try to avoid preflop discussion but you have to understand how weak this hand is, especially multiway. given loose/passive table, it is unlikely to get HU with a raise and, though there aren't many people behind you, if someone raises, you really need to fold because the PFR is raising in a protected hand meaning: they have a better hand than you and you need to get real lucky. so in the long run, it is a losing endevour to limp this hand with these factors involved. so you need to fold.

i too would fold the flop. Loose/passives: that could be a straight or a Q or 2pair. it is a small pot. you're not losing a lot by folding here, but you risk a lot by calling down and being shown a better hand. again, this is in the long run even if you won the hand this time.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:57 PM

Grunch:

Way too passive = -EV! I would raise the flop to see where I stand. I'm guessing the Button folds to 2 cold, so I gain position for the expensive streets. Assuming the villian calls, we are probably ahead. If he 3 bets, I 'm calling the flop, but will probably fold to his turn bet. I believe this line wins more $$ and loses less $$ than your passive play to the show-down.