Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Flopped flush. Weird. 600 nl

Yeah, I remember a post a while back from Fossilman I believe, where he said he liked waiting to the turn to bomb. But with my image, like usual I should be making bigger plays on the flop. I also hate when the turn does come a heart, but, yeah, that's poker. Alright, more aggro with flopped mid-flush. Got it.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:00 AM

damn there are so many decent straight draws/pair and high flush draw out there on the flop. More so even the turn. I haven't read all the responses but I can't see what you are waiting for. some donk with QJ with the flush draw is going to call more than $100 on the turn
Old 11-13-2005, 03:37 AM

Bleh, no one seems to think the min-raise is something to be scared of?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:24 AM

Ugh.

I'd put in a healthy raise on flop (twice)

I'd bet a little more on the turn, as played.

Good check on the river.

Ryan
Old 11-13-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bleh, no one seems to think the min-raise is something to be scared of?

[/ QUOTE ]
this makes no sense. you thought the minraise was something to be scared of, yet you bet into the minraiser on the turn? and if you wanted to wait till the turn to "bomb" it, do you think a 2/3rds-pot bet is bombing it? i would've let the minraiser bet the turn, then c/r bomb it.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:10 AM

I'll triple initial bet on flop (60). And Bomb turn. How you played it, I happen to like the turn bet. Just needed to bet more than $100. The min raise could have been a weak attempt to get a free river. Not worth the risk of checking turn.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely no question. I would love to get in here. I have never once worried about being behind with a flopped flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? With everyone limping in PF?

I'm usually ready to go broke if someone raises in EP there are a couple of callers, then i call with 7x8x, but im always a bit paranoid with say, 4 limpers. When it's bet, raise to me, im worried. Very possibly still get broke, but reluctantly.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:33 AM

Hey Chaos,

Personally, when I'm playing laggy, I like to blast when I have a big made hand, a big drawing hand that's a fav., and occasionally, (with a read of course) a big bluff. If you're gonna play crazy, you gotta play aggro when you have it, too (but you know all this, obviously).

With these stacks, if someone flopped a bigger flush then you, I pay them off, so long as you're playing aggro enough to garner not too much respect.

If you're playing *that* laggy, I'd be inclined to blast the flop, cause A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kx is gonna look you up, and if not that, I think you're missing value by not pushing the river. Your turn bet is fine, so long as you're throwing out value-bettish looking numbers with less-than-made hands otherwise.

As I said before, with a LAG image, I think you've got to be looking to get it all in at some point here, especially with these stacks, unless one of the villains is so rockish that there's no way he doesn't have at least a bigger flush, if not a house, by the time you make it to the river.

Hope it worked out,

-neon.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:32 AM

4 players to the pot you shouldnt be seeing things under the bed. On the flop, Im re-raising this to $120. I want to make it extremley hard to get two pair or a set off their hand, but in the process not giving them the greatest odds to chase the boat. I also dont want to give a cheap price to A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X. Slowplaying on this flop is very bad.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:45 PM

Hey neon,

Post more.

Thanks.