Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:43 AM

Default New SNG Strategy (LC/weak humor)

So my last Party 55 is winding down for the night. With 7 players left and blinds 150/300 (I know, how often are there this many players left w/blinds this high?) With 1000 I push 2nd to act w/A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'm called by the CO who has me slightly covered. At this point my computer COMPLETELY locks up, I get the blue screen of death, and it restarts. Takes a good 15 minutes until my computer is up. At this point I call Party and explain the situation, they say sorry and give me the disconnect spiel. I'm resigned that the money is lost, so I ask for a hand history. At this point I stumble over to the account history and see a credit of $100. PP Outsourced dude tells me I finished 3rd. Hmmmmm, not playing a hand with 7 left and I finish 3rd? Apparently my A4s sucked out on something (it's not ahead of much aside from K high) and other players got knocked out being reckless. The bubble I can see, but making 3rd is ridiculous. I'm anxiously awaiting the hand history...

Maybe I should try this a few more times.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: New SNG Strategy (LC/weak humor)

lol.
This happened with me one time before and so I thought naturally that I might develop a strategy based on this result. No such luck. What happened to you (and to me) was an aboration. Best of luck.
Yukoncpa
Old 11-08-2005, 08:39 AM

I just had to leave a Stars tourny this morning, 3-handed and having something like 6K (chip leader) with the blinds being at 300/600. The other two with about even stacks at 3.5 K I came back about 5 minutes later just to see my stack being blinded away and the other two guys at about even with 6K.

Nice job, fxckturds! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 08:49 AM

it's happened before to me.. except that I was the guy who came in 4th to Mr-I'm-not-playing-but-can-not-lose-an-all-in
Old 11-08-2005, 09:05 AM

This reminds me of something that happened last year when I used to play SNGs. I made the HU of a 100+9, outchipped 9:1. This was one of my first tourneys at this level, so the $200 difference between 1st and 2nd meant a lot to me at the time.

First or second hand of the HU, I push(not even a minraise), and his timer counts all the way down and he times out. I then proceed to pick up the blinds 20 or so hands in a row, until he is all-in, as he never reconnects.

Easiest $200 I ever made.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of something that happened last year when I used to play SNGs. I made the HU of a 100+9, outchipped 9:1. This was one of my first tourneys at this level, so the $200 difference between 1st and 2nd meant a lot to me at the time.

First or second hand of the HU, I push(not even a minraise), and his timer counts all the way down and he times out. I then proceed to pick up the blinds 20 or so hands in a row, until he is all-in, as he never reconnects.

Easiest $200 I ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of blind structure, and what site, gives $200 to first place in a $100+9 SNG?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:34 AM

Thats the difference between 1st and 2nd I assume. 500 for first and 300 for second (200 for 3rd?).
Old 11-08-2005, 09:55 AM

Ahh... gotcha. Thanks.