Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Clearing a Stars Bonus

I had always struggled with the Star's bonus because you have to have large pot sizes relative to the rake below 2/4 and 2/4 was always so tight. .25/50 & .5/1 had to get to $10 pots(20BB & 10BB) respectively, 1/2 had to get to $15 posts (7.5BB). Usually, I played 1/2 there, which is also pretty tight, but at 4 tables doing 240hands/hr, I could get 40-50 points an hour and clear a 600 point bonus in about 13 hours. I have tried the NL tables, since even the low buy in NL tables can get to the $1 rake required to generate a point, but that actually took longer. I even tried the $5 SnG, since they generate 3 points ($.60 equity) for only a $0.50 fee, but that would require 200 SnG, even 4 tabling those would take upwards of 40-50 hours.

This last time however, I learned the wonders of Stars 2/4. It was actually looser than their 1/2 tables(1/2 tables had an average to see the flop of 22-28 and the 2/4 were in the 28-33 range by what PT reported in its Game Time tab). They also only needed 5BB pots to generate a point and you didn't suffer partial rake but no points earned. About 50% of the pots were raked and I cleared the full 600 point bonus in a little over 5 hours of play. 2/4 plays faster as well. I averaged nearly 260hands/hr 4 tabling. I saw rusty JEDI there too, but I didn't say hi. He was too busy getting AA and KK to notice anyone else. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So from now on, if your bankroll can allow you to play 2/4, my recommendation is to clear the stars bonuses at 2/4 or better.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Clearing a Stars Bonus

dude, 3/6 6m is waaaaaaaay better.

peace

john nickle
Old 03-12-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, 3/6 6m is waaaaaaaay better.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

What percentage of hands get raked there? My concern with Stars' tables just applies to whoring.

Vern
Old 03-12-2005, 09:04 PM

play the $225 and $114 sit n gos. i cleared my bonus in <2 hours.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:13 PM

nearly all of them were getting raked, as the game was full of loose passives, with an occasional maniac who would cap it with A high or bottom pair, or nothing at all. When i was clearing the bonus, i was only playing 2 tables as i was still 8tabling my party accounts, but im certain that if i was playing to the max i couldve cleared the bonus in less than 4 hours. Also, the games are so profitable that it more than made up for an extra time. I went up 70BB's clearing the bonus, with some mediocre dealings.

peace

john nickle
Old 03-12-2005, 09:22 PM

Well it is 8pm eastern on Saturday night and there are only two 3/6 full ring tables going, but eight 2/4 tables, so needing to 4 table, I would still have had to have some 2/4 tables open, but I will consider it in May/June when the next Stars Bonus comes along.

I have been datamining the 3/6 stars tables for about half an hour now and they are both around 26-27%, not bad, but getting back to that Stars trademarked tightness.

Vern
Old 03-12-2005, 09:25 PM

the 6max games dude. You have to be able to play shorthanded, but microlimit shorthanded play should be in any good bonus whore bag of tricks.

peace

john nickle
Old 03-12-2005, 09:31 PM

Yeah, it is in my bag of tricks, mostly Stars & Party 1/2 6max and Paradise 1/2 5max, but I just don't like it that much. Don't get me wrong, I think I can play it well (don't we all think that), I just enjoy the full ring the best and I like to have all my tables at the same limit/style so I don't get confused, which can happen easily for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the responses.

Vern
Old 03-12-2005, 09:56 PM

Another good idea is to play stud8 or omaha8 as these split pot games will create bigger pots and more raked hands. They also however play fewer hands per hour.