Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Set of Kings, huge pot lots of action

Table was very good.

UTG is very loose and aggressive, MP2 is slightly loose and passive, button is a moron.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (29.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero ?

I am about 99% sure it is gonna be three-bet here, can they both have undersets to my set The only thing I am behind are J8 or 86. Call, re-raise or fold?

As always, any criticism of any part of the hand is more than welcome.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Set of Kings, huge pot lots of action

hi-
i don't see how calling can be good, since it will likely be capped back to you. so it's 3-bet and call the cap, or fold. i just could not fold this until they show me their straight. so i 3-bet and then manually pluck some leg hairs and move on with a "nh" when they table the nuts.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:07 PM

Is "it's gonna get capped anyways" a good way to justify a 3-bet? I think something could be said for calling if the button will over-cold-call 2, but not 3, especially because there's a good chance you'll be able to cap it if UTG 3-bets it and MP2 calls. But raise/call seem pretty equal to me.

Having said that, IMHO a fold with top set in a 32BB pot is out of the question, regardless of how many bets go in on the riv. Even if it's capped, you only need to be best around one time in 10.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is "it's gonna get capped anyways" a good way to justify a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm not too smart. i didn't really mean it that way, but i guess thats how it sounds. i see your point about button calling two cold but not three (maybe). i could be completely wrong and calling may be the best option after all. but i am not folding.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:12 PM

calll
Old 03-05-2005, 11:24 PM

QJ also beats you here, remember [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2005, 11:32 PM

My line: Call. Call the raise. Watch two of them turn over straights. Scream at the cards for not pairing on the river.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:39 PM

Folding is definately out of the question. You want to show down your hand no matter what, but if you're worried about the straight just call and then call anything raised back to you. I don't really think 3-betting here makes sense - if you think you're beat, which is quite possible if someone played QJ or crap cards for a lower straight, it will still be capped whether you 3-bet or not. A call will frequently save 2BB instead of raising in this case.

Edit: my guess in someone had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2005, 12:12 AM

3 bet the river. It's so likely that you're up against 2 pair or a smaller set. Reraising the river here is for value.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Results

Well, I am not ashamed to admit it, but I raised. With three opponents still in I felt a call/raise was close, but figured if they had straights I was paying 4 to see the showdown anyway, and if they had under sets, they may slow down and just call, costing me 4 or more bets. Maybe a little tilt, maybe just a little loose aggression since I was seeing a showdown. Button folded, UTG Capped it, MP2 called as did I and they tabled J8s ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] &amp; [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) each to split a 40+ BB pot. Next hand.

Thanks for all the response, I am torn between raising and calling this river. If I call, I feel I may be letting under sets save a bet, but I am gonna pay all 4 bets if they have straights. Thanks again.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.