Outstanding Idea 11 42.31%
neutral 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2005, 07:29 PM

Default my sentiments exactly

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Results

While I agree with this, and did it, what hands do you put these guys on?

I figure MP1 raised/called pre-flop, so I put him on JJ-88 or AKx-AJx and ATs KQx and KJs at that point. On the flop he led into a pre-flop re-raiser and a pre-flop player who cold called two then capped. I now put him on a set of 9's, or JJ-TT. Suited broadways cards are not betting this flop, not from a wimp post flop. He hit this somehow to put the initial bet in, even if hitting just means he has an overpair. He just calls the flop re-raise, so I discount 99 (almost), he likely has JJ-TT. He calls two cold on the turn, I am now sure he has JJ-TT, top set would raise here. He then leads on the river, I expect to see TT from him.

MP3 Cold called 2 pre-flop then capped when it came back to him. I put him on AA-KK or AKs pre-flop. Maybe the other QQ, but unlikely. On the flop he raises, he could still have any of those hands and play it this way. When he fails to cap my three-bet, I start to suspect AKs, likely one of the the suits on the board. He does a stop-go between the flop/turn, that tells me he is confused since there are no draws the Turn helps that he caps pre-flop with but it makes me think AA-KK again more than AK, unless it is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I believe I am ahead of MP1 and MP3, I have to raise this turn bet, even with a caller in between. On the river MP3's call confuses me, since I don't think AK would call this river, maybe he got scared/weak with his AA-KK.

CO Has me totally confused, he has done nothing but call, his usual tactic, so he has any two cards. But again, he overcalls the river.

So on the river, I have a loose-aggressive pre-flop player who backs off post flop and gets weak, betting into three opponents when there has been a raise or re-raise on every street. MP1 has to have TT, MP3 likely to have AA-KK and CO likes his hand enough to call, although in honesty, it could be with 32o for bottom pair no kicker.

Given the reads, I think the call is margina to -ev. Since I can put my sanity and not liking the taste of barf as +ev to balance, I errored in calling.

MP1 turned over T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a straight six to ten
MP3 turned over A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for Ace High (ok I need better notes on this guy)
CO turned over 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for two pair, nines and eights

So I came in third in a four man race that only pays first place. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Vern

Thanks for all the votes and response.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: River Action

[ QUOTE ]
too bad MP1 has TT.
CO has a connector two pair.. say 98.
i'll give MP3 66.. but he could table anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO confused me more than MP3, even though I got it wrong in the end. You sir amaze me.

Vern
Old 02-18-2005, 08:41 PM

I clicked fold. In general, if your hand is good enough to be the 2nd overcaller, you should be raising. I think it applies pretty well here because your hand clearly isn't worth a raise.

Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I clicked fold. In general, if your hand is good enough to be the 2nd overcaller, you should be raising. I think it applies pretty well here because your hand clearly isn't worth a raise.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
If I wasn't closing the action, I think I would fold would be a better choice here. This is one BB I can live with losing here though. Thanks.

Vern