Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: tOSU or Oregon?

[ QUOTE ]
Oregon's was a blowout loss to USC, sure it was close for 3 quarters, but clearly Oregon cannot compete for 4 quarters against a top team like the Trojans.

[ QUOTE ]
The same could be said about Ohio State.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how you can say that. Ohio State almost, and probably should have won against Texas. If they can beat Texas, then they would be a tough opponent against USC.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Notre Dame already in? Because I think the real question is Notre Dame and Oregon, not OSU and Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Notre Dame is automatically in a BCS bowl just by finishing in the top 12 or top 10. I can't remember.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Notre Dame already in? Because I think the real question is Notre Dame and Oregon, not OSU and Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Notre Dame is automatically in a BCS bowl just by finishing in the top 12 or top 10. I can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, they are eligible if they are in the top 12. which, probably means they will get in.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:50 PM

Utter joke that the question isn't OSU or ND and Oregon isn't in there by default.

Oregon has lost to one team, and that's the best team in the nation. I don't understand how this is a question.

I and I [censored] HATE Oregon.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Utter joke that the question isn't OSU or ND and Oregon isn't in there by default.

Oregon got their asses handed to them by one team, and that's the best team in the nation. I don't understand how this is a question.

I and I [censored] HATE Oregon.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-28-2005, 01:59 PM

The biggest joke is that the BCS has a set of rankings that ranks the top 25 teams, yet they almost completely ignore them. This year Texas and USC will go undefeated and everyone will praise the BCS rankings for 'getting it right.' Then the team with the 8th ranking 'automatically' gets an at large while the 6th and 7th ranked teams fight it out for the last spot.

I'd personally LOVE to see an OSU v. ND matchup as I think OSU would win easily and I'd get to gloat about it to all the ND lovers that I live around

However, Although very, very unlikely...What would happen if both USC and Texas lost this weekend. Colorado would get an automatic bid to the BCS. Would UCLA get one also? If that were the case, wouldn't that mean Texas and USC should get the at large and not Notre Dame and Ohio State.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Absolutely. Thats why OSU fans need LSU and VT to win this weekend. Texas will need to beat Colorado, and USC will need to beat UCLA. Conference Championship games are a joke.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Thats why OSU fans need LSU and VT to win this weekend. Texas will need to beat Colorado, and USC will need to beat UCLA. Conference Championship games are a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe OSU would still be selected ahead of both VT or LSU if either of them lose this weekend. Remember that its not how or who you lose to, its when you lose that seems to matter.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:20 PM

Or if your school's name is Notre Dame.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:25 PM

USC is in, win or lose.