Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Beginners first hand post

The game is .5/1 LHE at Pacific. The table is loose passive
Hero: MP2 with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP1 just sat down and brings in BB
UTG fold, UTG+1 fold, UTG+2 call, MP1 chek, Hero call,MP3 fold,CO fold,Botton fold,SB call, BB check
5 players left
Flop
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB check, BB Bet, UTG+1 fold,MP1 call, Hero ?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Beginners first hand post

Raise.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:29 PM

raises
Old 11-02-2005, 12:31 PM

you should definitely raise here. there aren't many turn cards that hurt your equity, and you probably have the best hand
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Hero raises for value. Since there was no preflop raise, you're not seeing AK or KQ, here. However, there's a flush draw on the board, and I don't want to let them see a cheap turn.

The argument could be made to wait for the turn to raise, as a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn would severely swing your equity, but I prefer to get the money in while you're sure you're ahead.

Edit: by the way, nice post, OP. You formatted it well, and you put in what information you had. Well done.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game is .5/1 LHE at Pacific. The table is loose passive
Hero: MP2 with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP1 just sat down and brings in BB
UTG fold, UTG+1 fold, UTG+2 call, MP1 chek, Hero call,MP3 fold,CO fold,Botton fold,SB call, BB check
5 players left
Flop
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB check, BB Bet, UTG+1 fold,MP1 call, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to raise in this position, because the range of hands you can put BB on here is still huge. He could be pushing 2nd pair to see where he is at, or any number of other hands.

You say the table is loose/passive, but do you have any reads on BB in particular? Unless you have a solid read that says BB is not going to make this play, you have to raise.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:34 PM

I would have raised pre flop also with so much posted money in the pot, the possiblity of buying the button and to get this as short handed as possible.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised pre flop also with so much posted money in the pot, the possiblity of buying the button and to get this as short handed as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was one poster. That's really not that much more than a normal hand. Plus you've got a limper who'll stay in for one more, and the poster who'll throw in one more (since he was loose enough to post in MP1). If you raise, otoh, the pot actually does start looking big to the players behind you, so I think a raise might actually make the CO and Button start thinking about staying in instead of getting out. Even if it buys the button, you're only likely to drive out SB, so you're, at best, only getting it down to 3 opponents, and you've bloated the pot with an easily dominated hand.

Preflop raise = not g00t, IMO.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was one poster. That's really not that much more than a normal hand. Plus you've got a limper who'll stay in for one more, and the poster who'll throw in one more (since he was loose enough to post in MP1). If you raise, otoh, the pot actually does start looking big to the players behind you, so I think a raise might actually make the CO and Button start thinking about staying in instead of getting out. Even if it buys the button, you're only likely to drive out SB, so you're, at best, only getting it down to 3 opponents, and you've bloated the pot with an easily dominated hand.

Preflop raise = not g00t, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont think there is any equity edge here considering one of the hands your against is random?

not that im suggesting there is, but i think arguments could be made for a raise or a call.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:51 PM

Thank you for your fast replys. When I read my post it also seemed clear to me that I should have raised, but i did yust call.