Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 11:14 AM

Default Re: George Foreman Grill

Thanks, sounds good for when I'm feeling lazy (which is often), I'll have to check them out.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:22 PM

Default Re: How do you make cheeseburgers?

i do realize that bleu cheese is cheese.. i noticed that when i was typing the post, but then i looked up to my statement and it said that i'm not a fan of putting a slice of cheese on a burger.. so i figured my statement was consistent. when i think slice of cheese i think your standard american, cheddar, swiss, etc.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:45 AM

So, I go to this birthday party around 7pm tonight. I figure we all will go out to dinner afterwards. Around 9pm I realize that most everyone there is either an investment banker or options trader who started work at 5 or 6am and had dinner at 5pm. After a lot of beer and Jameson's, I finally leave around 10pm. I come home and decide to toss some excellent fresh salmon on the George Foreman grill. Instead of the standard lemon juice and butter, I decide to brush on some KC Masterpiece mesquite BBQ sauce. 4 minutes later, it's ready. Damn, that was delicious.

Then I went out and had some Ginger infused vodka. My friend had some Pineapple infused Sauza commerorativo. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Now I'm back home drinking some cask strenght Macallan. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

OK, time for some poker.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:57 AM

The George Foreman is great for a quick, single serving. Everyone should have one! They are cheaper if you buy in bulk! Click on this link for the cheapest and best George Foreman grills:

www.cheapforemangrills.com

Enjoy!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The George Foreman is great for a quick, single serving. Everyone should have one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, I am in complete agreement there, Jim. But you may not have seen the newest George Foreman grills. They can take care of much more than a single serving now!
Old 02-20-2004, 02:01 PM

I had several people go on and on about the GF grill and how I was just going to HAVE to get one. Got one from the inlaws for Christmas.

PEOPLE, ITS A FREAKING WAFFLE IRON!!! How an ex-boxer convinced so many people to go out and buy an overpriced waffle iron AND THEN throw an expensive piece of meat on it is totally beyond me. Give me a grill every time. It just doesn't feel right standing around a waffle iron with a beer, shooting the bull like you do with a grill. I mentioned this to someone who told me they now have an "outdoor" model! Unbelievable. A giant outdoor waffle iron.

Eazy cleanup? Are you kidding? Not nearly as easy as my grill. A couple of rubs with the steel brush and shes ready to go again. With the waffle iron I end up with the thimble sized tray they provide filled to the top with grease. I now have to pick up the 'thimble' and carry it like nitro glycerin to the sink. THat is if the damn thing doesn't get knocked over first during cooking. My grill, the juices just hit the brickettes and turn to smoke adding flavor to my dinner.

And cleaning the cooking surface of the waffle iron? Well, you can't put it in the sink, so you end up cleaning it on the countertop. Most of the grease and stuff gets all over the countertops while your cleaning it.

The GF waffle iron that we have is also just big enough that it doesn't really fit into any cabinet easily, so it resides on the countertop taking up space. Boy, I love that thing.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:06 PM

Has George come out with his favorites entrees that he cooks on his grill and how he prepares them? Perhaps there's a George Foreman cook book or something like that. I've found the grill really nice for a steak and egg breakfast in the morning. Just the steak part of course.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:13 PM

Well I've got one of those Coleman portable grills that I take on day trips and I use it for home. This one is harder to clean than than George Forman appliance. I've had some grills strictly for home use and I've never been that satisfied with just cleaning them with a steel brush. Perhaps I don't have the right technique or maybe I'm too picky. Also the glass on the cover is usually difficult to clean and periodically I have to clean the entire grill. So one of the features than I like about the Forman grill is that I find it easier to clean. I mean if I'm entertaining company and cooking a meal I prefer the outdoor grill.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How an ex-boxer convinced so many people to go out and buy an overpriced waffle iron AND THEN throw an expensive piece of meat on it is totally beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, George Foreman rules.

[ QUOTE ]
Give me a grill every time. It just doesn't feel right standing around a waffle iron with a beer, shooting the bull like you do with a grill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course a grill is better. When friends are over for a BBQ, of course you want to use the grill. But I can plug in the George Foreman and have a tasty grilled chicken breast ready in about 5 minutes. Just can't beat that convenience.

[ QUOTE ]
Eazy cleanup? Are you kidding?

[/ QUOTE ]

A sponge. That's the answer.

[ QUOTE ]
I now have to pick up the 'thimble' and carry it like nitro glycerin to the sink.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that's pretty funny and accurate.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:42 PM

Yes, I believe George has a cookbook. A google search on "George Foreman recipes" will point you to that as well as countless pages w/ GF grill recipes.