Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Is this a good deal for custom chips?

I received the following email from a chip wholesaler. DISCLAIMER - I BUY Poker Tables from him on a regular basis but I'm looking for some custom chips. Please let me know what you think:

"As of last week, we changed our lamination process to match china's polycarbonate lamination EXACTLY. Its three times the normal cost, time consuming to cut, but the finished product is amazing. Weve sampled our competition's "custom make your own" stickers...
we're not impressed to say the least.
We're adding a 2nd printer, 2nd laminator and should have 48 - 72 hour turnaround time 6 days a week soon.
We will HOLD our pricing to:
.33 ea for abs composite chips 8 or 12 stripe
.36 ea for ALL CLAY 6 stripe blanks
.37 and .38 for NEXGEN chips ( 8000 and 8002 series)
We ve spent hours upon hours trying to find another company that offers the product we offer at the price and turnaround time we offer--
we cant find another company that does what we do---
Thanks to all our custom chip customers!
As of 4/10 ALL custom chip orders will receive FREE a set of images for ying yang, hi roller, 4 aces, nascar, elvis, HD motorcycles-- your choice-- FREE
Did I mention these are FREE with your order?
One set of 600 images will be included free- enough to do a 300 pc set"
Old 04-05-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Is this a good deal for custom chips?

What exactly is he selling? Labels, or custom chips?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 PM

Why do you always make these post about chips? You made a post before about a hi-tech printer that makes great custom chips. you are always trying to make these ads for these companies
Old 04-05-2005, 09:58 PM

spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

please stop.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:15 PM

These are labels with the chips. This company requires you to put the chips on yourself.

And this is NOT spam. Neither was the other post. I am personally looking for custom chips. The last company I found was close to 50 cents and had a minimum order of like 10,000 chips. These guys will do individual sets - that's exactly what I want. In order for it to be spam I would need to supply the companies name. Notice I have not and will not. I've been looking for custom chips for some time but want to make a good purchase. I thought this forum was a good place to ask advice. But there appears to be a few sour grapes.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:02 PM

I dont even understand what they are offering to be honest, your messages are very broken and odd.

If you want good custom chips, then go with homepokerchips.com for ceramic or pokerchips.com for clay.

If you are looking for extremely cheap then buy Nexgens and custom labels, which may be what these guys are offering, I just can't tell.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are labels with the chips. This company requires you to put the chips on yourself.

And this is NOT spam. Neither was the other post. I am personally looking for custom chips. The last company I found was close to 50 cents and had a minimum order of like 10,000 chips. These guys will do individual sets - that's exactly what I want. In order for it to be spam I would need to supply the companies name. Notice I have not and will not. I've been looking for custom chips for some time but want to make a good purchase. I thought this forum was a good place to ask advice. But there appears to be a few sour grapes.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're sour grapes because this is such blantant spam. And for what sounds like a sub-par product to boot.

Please stop this nonsense.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:10 AM

How can this be SPAM? I'm not offering to sell anything. I'm asking for advise here.

How's this - does anyone know where to get good quality chips with labels for less than $1.00 and for just one set? Please let me know. I want to purchase a 500 custom chip set.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:09 AM

Nexgens and any of the 'usual suspects' that make labels.

This last question doesn't appear to be spam, just asked and answered over and over again for any search on 'custom labels' in the home poker forum.

I'm still wondering why we didn't get a URL for the $90,000 printing machine chips. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can this be SPAM? I'm not offering to sell anything. I'm asking for advise here.

How's this - does anyone know where to get good quality chips with labels for less than $1.00 and for just one set? Please let me know. I want to purchase a 500 custom chip set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been answered.

www.pokerchips.com

True clay chips, you pick the body color and edge spot color, custom color graphics for the center of the chip based on your description of what you want.

.95 Cents a chip, 300 chip minimum order.

Done.