Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: A slick too far?

To those saying bet the river: there's also a 4 straight to go along with the 4 flush, and also 2 overcards to his pocket pair if he has one. So we're basically hoping he calls with a worse ace, I don't see us being good >50% of the time that we're called here.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:17 AM

Id check on the river. Villain probably thinks you have a higher flush.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:18 AM

hahahahahahah- in response to irishpints post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 AM

While I think there's a distinct possibility that our hand is good, I think most of the hands we beat dump that river because its far too scary. I check behind.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To those saying bet the river: there's also a 4 straight to go along with the 4 flush, and also 2 overcards to his pocket pair if he has one. So we're basically hoping he calls with a worse ace, I don't see us being good >50% of the time that we're called here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we really worried about an UTG raiser holding a 5? I'm not. If he had one he likely would have raised the turn. I have a strong feeling top 2 is good here. I expect to be up against AQ/AJ A fair number of times. If his kicker was a heart he probably would have donked the river. Still, I don't think worse hands pay this off enough to bet, and getting check/raised would suck.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly unlikely UTG has a 5, for both the fact that he's UTG and that he would've either bet or check-raised the turn.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: A slick too far? ... outcome

Thanks all for you input. I buy the general argument that a bet here isn't in my best interest, as I will likely only get bad hands to fold.

What did I actually do:

I bet, he called. He had black AQ. My pot.

I see my bet on the river there as a slow leak... still working to find the balance of when agressive play increases, vs decreases my EV.

thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
I get awfully nervous when I see a four flush on the board, and my tendency is to fold/check if I don't have the suit ... even heads-up. I would guess this is a leak that could be costly over time. ... comments on this hand would be welcomed:

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]